Saturday, April 26, 2008

The child learnt it from "you"....

They complained how bad this little boy has changed.

They don't have to say it as I saw it. A lady-friend of the child's mum saw how cute the child was and decided to pick him up. The child was unagreeable and reacted by kicking furiously. A while later, something didn't go the way he would like it to be, and he reacted by hitting others. Heh..

This little boy is not even 3 years old. It didn't matter whether his kicks or his punches were lethal. People present were just quite taken aback how the little child delivered them.

1 said, "This child is already becoming so bad."
2 said, "This is strange. It is not as if his mother never teaches him. In fact, his mother is very strick and is quite a disciplinarian."
1 asked, "What do you mean?"
2 replied, "Whenver the child is in the wrong, his mother will beat him. Sometimes, the mother really beats him hard, and scold and scold and scold. Haha.. The child will then run to his father."

More giggles..

3 added, "With a strict mother still like that? Wa.. I think in no time, he will only become worse and worse. I am so sure, just watch."

I was not really in a chatty mood, yet hearing such conversation taking place in front of me, I just feel like adding a little note, aiming to provoke their thoughts.

Me : I think the child could have learnt it from the adults closest to him.

They almost chorused, "Hey.. How can you say that?"

Me : You see. When the child did wrong, the adult didn't like it, and the adult reacted by spanking him. The possible lesson learnt by the child could be : hit the person if you don't like the things he or she had done. 不爽就打咯.

They went speechless for a while.
I didn't feel like elaborating more. They are seniors and how could I possibly 长篇大论 in front of them. I went on to talk about other things, led them to other conversation and I then I quietly excused myself.

I read from somewhere :
… children have never been very good at following instructions – but they do exceedingly well when it comes to imitating what the key adults do in their lives...

Although I will agree how the key adults in our life can play a part in moulding our characters, I can only be thankful for the good (if there's any) in me, but I cannot blame them for the bad in me. For in our growing years, we had (or should) also sharpened our sense of judgement, and mould ourselves accordingly.

A good foundation in the child's earlier growing years is always wonderful and very powerful. Parents with young kid(s)... mm... remind each other. :o)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -




我真的有一点累

No comments: