Saturday, April 12, 2008

My M3 hits 11.6 km/litre!

My M3 is really a drinker.

When I first possessed it about 3 years ago, I noticed the fuel consumption rate can never hit 10 km/litre. At times, it could go as low as only 9.0 km/litre. It kind of sounds like I was driving a 2-litre car. Argg

Last year, I got a device fixed. I had forgotten the name anyway. The rate somewhat improved to always slightly above 10 km/litre. It was good news. The most significant difference I felt was that my car immediately went significantly quieter. A strange sound constantly emitting from the engine which the technician couldn’t fix was immediately solved. I was already quiet satisfied actually.

Oh, at very irregular point in time after the fixture of that device, I realised the rate could improve to above 11 km/litre. The good rate wasn't that consistent. I didn’t know why.

Lately, I noticed a (wonderful) trend. The fuel consumption rate shot up to as high as 11.6 km/litre more regularly.
Technically speaking, I can cover at least 60 km more per full tank.
Most importantly, every ride feels so much more smoother too.

How I achieve that?

Nope. Not my driving technique. No more new devices.

In the past, I had always top up at a certain branch of Mobil/Esso most convenient to me. Lately, I top up at a different branch more regularly. Occasionally, when I still came back to the old branch which I more used to, the fuel consumption rate dropped again. Heh

I really suspect (for I don’t have the means to confirm) petrol kiosks of the same brand get their petrol from different sources. Or, it could be, at some branches, the petrol is somewhat more pure than the other. Haha..

Another not-too-bad point of topping up at that Upper Thomson branch is …
It is one of the biggest.
The Cheers store is also one of the biggest.
Some (not all, I think) household items within Cheers are priced the same as Fairprice.
But purchasing at Cheers with C-bank Dividend Card can have 5% Rebate. :p

Anyway, it’s just a silly observation of mine. But quiet consistent for the past 1 month liao lor. So, I am now avoiding that Semb. Branch near me and top up along Upper Thomson Road instead. I shall see if the good trend continues.

- - - - - - - - -

I think I quite enjoy the clip below.

Self Portait of Elephant by Elephant


I hope the elephant learnt it through positive reinforcement approach and not through painful punishment.

No comments: