Wednesday, July 27, 2005

A Day @ Raffles Marina..

Raffles Marina (RM) is not equals to Raffles Country Club (RCC). They are both pretty near to each other and there are people headed towards RCC, with RM in mind. Sotong right?! Anyway, both were just beside our Tuas Checkpoint.
RM is a resort. It's not bad, but we wouldn't want to call it a Country Club. (Simply not the same league lah) Perhaps, it is just not so appealing to me.

Today, I went there anyway, just because many of my *little pals were there. I was glad to see them. I greeted them with just a smile and waving of hand. I think they were glad to see me too. Heehee.. I was greeted more 'audibly'. I will remember their surprised look and even more surprised look when they learnt that I was joining in their activities. Ha.. I'm sure not that kind of by-stander, am I? :P
Nevertheless, they looked drained out of energy (although they still do seemed to enjoy the more physical activities). Hey, it's only their 3rd day and there are still two more days to go.

I also learnt that..
(1) They were made to sleep in tents (built on roof-top tennis courts), while the *bigger colleagues were provided with hotel-styled guest rooms. Mm.. I wonder if the *little pals know about the marked difference.
(2) Monday night, they were 'attacked' with storms in the night and their tents (together with some of their belongings) were soaked and flooded. Mm.. I wonder where the *bigger colleagues were.
(3) Late night for Tuesday as well. Mm.. well, ok if necessary and erm.. meaningful.

I left pretty early (at around 5pm). It was too early by *little pals' standard. They were (asking if / hoping that) I will stay. Ha.. but I'm expected to leave as the *bigger colleagues were getting the form ready for me to sign-out when I approached them. True, I opted out the stay-in option during the planning stage and there may not be enough guest rooms booked. Haha.. Frankly, I don't quite like the idea that the *little pals are sleeping in tents and the *bigger colleagues are sleeping in guest rooms.

Mm.. The brief moment at RM was still memorable (not because it's RM, but more because of the people).
In more explicit terms, it was memorable simply because...
-- tried kayaking ; (like the sea, but not the mud at the muddy beach..)
-- witnessed their outdoor cooking ; (politely declined to try their food, when offered..)
-- skin got tonned ; (dreaming that the darker shade could last..)
-- taken some interesting pictures ; (awaiting post-processing.. )
-- nice get-together and chatting with many *little pals. (communication is always better at such relaxing environment..)

The daylight part of the day brought to a neat and pleasant closure by meeting up with a pal for a simple dinner.

The events of the day don't seem 'explosive' by any measures. They appeared to be plain and simple.
Maybe because I'm just a very simple person that enjoys simplicity with a human touch. :)

No comments: