Monday, July 25, 2005

Feedback Getting Published..

Last Wednesday, I wrote to the ST Forum (which I think will not be published), Today Voices (slightly more likely to be published) and HDB feedback channel (the source which I expected to get a simple reply) , the following materials :

On 20/07/2005 (Wednesday), I was only thinking of driving to a nearby hawker centre for a proper breakfast before work. The hawker centre I had in mind was in the heart of a HDB housing estate (Blk 105 of Yishun to be exact).
I entered the carpark at around 6:55am and left at 7:25am. I was mercilessly charged $2.42 for the parking by the electronic car parking system. $2 was meant for parking from 6:55am to 7:00am and $0.42 for parking from 7:00am to 7:25am. This charging is correct based on the prevailing car parking rates set by HDB.
By and large, I do see the advantages of utilizing technology in car parking. Besides, the per minute charging used by the management is also viewed to be rather fair. I also believe such system will be deployed in many more HDB car parks in months or years to come.
I am just feeling a little uneasy for the $2 night parking charge I have to pay, for entering the carpark 5 min too early.
The car park mentioned leads to a popular hawker centre patronises by many in the morning, as the hawker centre is already buzzling with life from 6:00am onwards, everyday.
A simple breakfast by some drivers is no longer that affordable.

I sincerely hope HDB can look into the matter. Thank you.
- - - -

The article was published on 25 July 2005, in Today Voices (with minimal editing). Wow..
I felt rather good in a way, but not along the line that my work is published and will get known or famous kind of thing. In fact, I tried to be truthful but used my other official name so that I could not be 'discovered' easily, instead. haha..
I felt good simply because, I always have this idea that my English is atrocious and people would have trouble understanding whatever that I have written. That idea was ascertained by my many past poor English results.
Ha.. so the simple publication (albeit through a small national paper) just affirms that people can understand quite clearly what I have written. :P
I should be looking forward to a possible reply from HDB.
Thanks J, for encouraging me to write (to Voices). Haha..

No comments: