Sunday, February 17, 2008

Just small talks ...

G really studies very hard. His learning attitude is solid. He makes it a point to make appointments with his tutors to clarify his doubts.

Many times, the longer I sat with him during consultations, the more worried I became. I was worried because of the kind of questions he asked. The kind of questions he often asked during tutorial sessions would often (if not always) make almost all (if not all) his classmates "turn-head", wondering why such questions can be asked in the first place. Mm..

Even his classmates were asking (me) : Mr Nanzi, how come G studies so hard, asked so many questions, but still failing all the time.

Let's be positive... he has an inquiring mind...

Lately, G talks :

Mr Nanzi, how you study? You were a student before. I believe you must know the answer well.. I mean I have problem concentrating. I study very hard, but still keep failing..

Sometimes, it is so frustrating. It feels very much like the whole world is tumbling down on me. It also feels bad when the people around me seem to be always getting it so fast, but I…

I always believe that if I were to persevere on. I will certainly certainly get it in the end. So I wish to find the correct methods, so that I can eventually excel.

- - - - - -

Here we have a young man with an aspiring mind. That's for sure.

I got to admit, before I know him better, I thought this G is trying to be funny and not doing his part of revising the basic of basics. On a few occassions, I even raised my voice in order to make my point clearer to him that I was not quite in favour of his attitude, before I knew that he was already trying so hard.

I got softened when he talked to me in one of our earlier conversations :

Mr Nanzi, I know you are worried about me. But not to worry. I will try very hard and I will make you proud of me one day.

You know, just like in my Secondary School days, my grades weren't good. But I studied very hard and now I made it into JC. My teachers said only about top 20% to 25% make it into JC. So I had make it once to prove it that I can be good.

This time round, I will certainly make it again.

- - - - -

He is that determined. That's very certain.

I don't have answers to all his questions as to how to improve.. blah blah blah.. He has some learning difficulties I just couldn't specifically identify.

I just learnt that I got to have more patience (with him) than I think I already have.

As long as he is not giving up, there is hope.

I can only encourage him to seek consultation more frequently to clarify his doubts of the subjects he is studying. I just have to make a conscious effort to give him more attention.

Many times, it is through such simple small talks with these *little pals that I learn...
I hope I'm really learning...


很多人想飞得高、看得远
己力不足而借用他力,何尝不可

- - - - - -



有一位作者这么说:

《智慧来自烦恼》

春蚕吐丝 - 猜一成语

看到了只是看到
听到了只是听到
不要产生好恶

因为心里有了好恶的分别
就会有所执著

喜爱的就想占有
讨厌的就会排斥
患得患失,烦恼就来了

错把无常当做永恒
不希望接受无常的事实
烦恼就会出现

事情发生了
能够处理的就处理
不能处理的就接受

然后暂且放下来
待因缘际会时再处理
这就是智慧

时时观察自己微细的念头
不要被自己蒙蔽

烦恼来时、不要害怕、不要讨厌、让它烦去
自己不烦、久而久之、烦恼会愈来愈少

遇到烦恼、要面对它
接受它、处理它、放下它

有烦恼的时候
不要把它当成困扰,就没有烦恼

不论外在的境界如何变化
情绪都不会受到牵动
那么,就可以断除烦恼了

如感觉到有烦恼、有问题、先检讨自己
不责怪他人、埋怨环境、烦恼是自己的

当自己发现起烦恼时
要感谢使你产生烦恼的人、事、物
因为,他们是在帮助你修行

外在的帮助、只能暂时解决自己的问题
而不能穿透问题的根源、真正解决问题

唯一有效方法、就是仰赖自己
透过修行、来解决自己的问题

不自找烦恼,就是智慧
智慧生於烦恼而用於烦恼

烦恼既是菩提

谜底 – 作茧自缚

No comments: