Saturday, February 16, 2008

My Date on 14th Feb..

Since so many sites were talking about their dates on 14th Feb, I think I shall also try to write a little bit about my date on 14th Feb.

It started with D initiating about 2 weeks ago : Do you have a date on 14th Feb?

I replied : No.

Without much hesitation, D added : Can we have an appointment on that day, evening time.

Wow! Yes! Of course! Certainly! Why not?

I stayed composed and I only said : Sure.

Things were set and I was only hoping 14th Feb could come sooner. So it finally came.

Ha.. I was rather excited. I actually went much earlier.

The details … erps… I don’t think I’m good at writing such. Haha.. But maybe I can still jot down a few memorable bits and pieces.

1. The chosen venue was very clean. Not too crowded. Peaceful ambience.

2. The lighting a little too strong. I mean it was very bright. So bright I can see D and the surrounding so clearly. Ha.. Actually, it was much to my liking.

3. Simple chat followed and it was suggested that I should change to something lighter for the next activity. Wa.. Everything was already so well-prepared for me. Impressed.

4. I was next lead to.. erm.. lead to a room. The furnishing in the room was simple and neat. It seemed that the main attraction in the room was the bed. The bed was new, big and clean. I bounced on it. Wa.. Very comfortable, much comfortable than my own bed.

5. Looking at D was comforting and reassuring. I can still imagine D’s delicate and precise touch.

6. One event leads to another naturally, expending much of my energy. Details censored.

.
.
.
.
.
Haha..
Before your imagination runs any wilder.. ahem..
D is my doctor.
The venue is TTSH.
The appointment is meant for my scheduled surgical procedure for my right shoulder.

The bed I was talking about was really new, bigger, very comfortable and pretty advanced. It was newly acquired by the hospital in January this year. The controls (of adjusting different parts of the bed) are done by simple pressing of buttons that I can also reach while I was lying down. The sides of the bed is not those familiar iron bars, but are those materials common to vehicle’s dashboard. Beige colour somemore, and it reminds me of my Mazda. There are only about 10 in the Day Surgery Centre and I was lying on one. Privileged right?

I must say the nurses and doctors are all very professional. They will try all means to be reassuring and try to calm us down. But one funny one was puzzled and asked me : "How come you appear so calm?" Haha.. Actually, I was already rather calm well before they started their calming and reassuring tactics. So that nurse must have felt a little awkward as to what else to do, I guess. Haha..

There were so many rounds (at least 4) of verbal verification, asking for my name, IC number, why I was there for, which part in particular to be operated on,… etc.. just to make sure I am the right one to be operated on.

Even the operating theatre looks like a normal room, a room with stronger lightings and with many different types of equipment.

The anesthetist came and he said : This will make you very sleepy.
I think I said with my eyes half-closed : Yes, I am already feeling very sleepy.

I lost all signals and awareness.

When I was awaked again, all done liao, without feeling a thing! But the effects of the anesthesia were still there, and I must say they weren’t pleasant at all. From then on, it was just sleep and eat (food and medicine) and change of ice-cold gel packs (placed around the operated area to lessen the effect of swelling) till the next day.

I must also mention the staffs are really friendly and they really make effort to make you feel as comfortable as possible.

For a few times, I made the nurses panic a bit and felt a little lost. No no no. Not that I was being naughty and uncooperative and all. They noticed my blood pressure plunged a little too much whenever I just wake up. My high-reading can be just your low-reading, if you get what I mean. Haha.. But they were puzzled and amazed why I could be still so alert and can engage in logical conversation with them. They only suspected the machine could be spoilt. Haha.. Each time, I took some deep breaths, took a cup of milo, and the blood pressure immediately stabilized to normal. Maybe that’s just my system.

The only thing I don’t quite like is the discharging part. The waiting time is.. erm.. too long. They were clearly under-staff. I must wait for the doctor to come and see that I’m okay. I must wait for the physiotherapist to come and teach me some exercises to strengthen my weaken parts. I must also wait for the next available nurse to give me a discharging briefing. I must still go to the pharmacy to queue again for medicine.

- - - - -

Now I’m feeling much better. Thanks for all the well-wishes from everyone.

Although I’m given 2 weeks of hospital leave, I don’t think I need it. Ha.. I am already going places as per normal. How can I imagine myself staying at home with a full alert mind and still bouncing around, and yet let my fellow colleagues who are already very busy to cover my workload? You see, after uploading this, I’m even thinking of going shopping around. :o)

In 2 weeks’ time, I shall be able to regain much power back. :o)

- - - - - - - - - -





~ ~ 就是觉得它们超可爱 ~ ~

No comments: