Sunday, June 01, 2008

@ Cafe..

Wa.. I actually got a chance to sign in a café. Quite a break-through for me lor.

It was a music-school event, with all their students and teachers coming together to put up a concert-of-sort in a café. I am not at all related to the music-school, and so I became the so-called guest-singer.

Haha.. I am exaggerating a little lah. Not that glamorous lah.

I know how nervous I can get, and hence it is not likely I will put myself through this voluntarily.

Y enrolled himself in a key-board course some time back and so he is a student in that music-school. He was required to put up an item with the keyboard, but he needed someone to sing to his music, if not… or else… it will be just … erm… rather incomplete.

I was approached.

How to say “no”?
Aiyo… I know I will go through those nervous symptoms all over again.

And indeed, as usual, I was enveloped by nervousness : more frequent visit to the gent, heartbeat hastened, breathing a bit erratic, icy-cold hands, the drink was tasteless before my event but the same drink miraculously became nicer after my event,…

I know we will get through and we did. Haha..

I can imagine Y may approach me again in his next performance.
I can imagine myself in a situation difficult to say “no”. I don’t mind helping a pal of course, but I know I will be so so nervous and may end up affecting his performance.

By the way, listening and watching the other people performing on stage can be rather enjoyable and relaxing, but not when I’m up there myself. Still, putting myself through all these can be really funny, exciting and interesting when I think about it after the event.

So, I think I will continue to say "yes" when approached by friends and when my schedule allows. But I seriously don’t know when I can ever conquer such silly nervous-breakdown. Perhaps never….

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me know about your next performance, if there is any..
I will be there to support, for sure.. :o)

Anonymous said...

The thought of having the "next" is already giving me cold sweat. Haha..