Saturday, May 31, 2008

Becoming stronger..

A little pal (S2) asked, “Mr Nanzi, will you be feeling irritated that I keep coming to you for (math) consultation?”

First, I must add that I am quite sure I was not wearing a I-am-so-irritated-expression at that time.

S2's expression was that kind of worrisome.
I know S2 is so stressed up (not just with the subject I am tutoring…)
I know S2 is trying hard (yet not performing…)

S2 aims high… and yet that becomes one of the primarily sources of worries. Mm..

Familiar?

I think we should aim high, as life without aims/purposes can be rather derailing in nature. Ha… I was told so many people can actually feel so lost, so xian, so lifeless during the golden vocation period between semesters.

But coping with our individual’s (high) aims seems to be another issue after all. But please still keep trying…

I believe in trying…
But most importantly, I believe in taking in (bravely) whatever outcome that comes along. To take it (the outcome, however negative) all in with a smile is not easy.
But what else can we do?

「顺」时是喜。我们会不会喜出望外,也容易得意忘形而成…
「逆」时是悲。人人总会是感伤万分,也容易怨天尤人而成…


想想看…

曾经处于「逆镜」的我们,是不是也从中学习了很多?

曾经处于「逆镜」的我们,

是不是更会懂得珍惜曾经被我们视为微不足道的「顺镜」?


使我们变得更坚强的往往是「逆镜」而非「顺镜」。


所以…

顺逆皆恭喜!!


So, I believe S2 will become stronger. :o)

- - - - - - - - - - -



子离回墨子说:「多讲些话有好处吗?」

墨答子说:
「蛤蟆、青蛙、苍蝇、蚊子、… 不分日夜地鸣叫,
嗡嗡做响个不停,即使是叫得口干舌燥,人们被吵心烦意乱,
有时还会令人怒心横生,杀害它们呢!
但是,那每天为人们报晓的公鸡,
每天准时地在天亮之前长鸣数声,
就能把天下的人都唤醒起来,人们还会感谢它们哩!
因此,多讲话又有什么好处呢?
要紧的是要在适当的时机,讲适当的话啊!」

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*nodnod*
A person's real achievement is:
what he/she makes the best out of what he/she has in life..
To pick oneself up again and fight with what is left, is definitely one's greatest achievement.. :o)