Wednesday, June 06, 2007

2007 : Remembrance of China (Part 4) ..

Spitting..

While we were on our very first bus-journey (boarded at Guangzhou Airport), we were greeted by a recorded welcoming speech. Along with the speech, we were reminded not to spit in the bus. I was wondering, will anyone actually do that?

Mm.. I am not kidding. We see people spitting almost everywhere.
- I saw one spitting right in front of me in an air-conditioned supermarket.
- I saw many stall keepers spitting right in front of their own stall they are manning.
- I saw people spitting while waiting for their bus.
The list may just go on.

Now, I recall a more interesting case.
We were walking along a stretch of straight path-way just outside a row of shops. I think we were just about 10 metres away from a particularly shop. I saw a lady (I presumed she is the boss) walked from inside the shop to just the door-step of her shop. I first thought she was coming out to "tout" for business. I was wrong. Immediately, I saw her "pouting" her lips a little and out of her mouth I saw a milky white substance projected out to a few metres away from where she was standing. It was rather disgusting, I thought. Still, I am amazed by their ability to take aim and spit far. Practice may be the reason. Eee..

By the way, the spitting practice is also participated by fine young looking ladies. At one moment, we may be admiring their beauty ; the next moment, we might see them (or even hear them) turn away a little... quack-puii... :P


Ladies of Sichuan..

Even before I set off to China, a few friends/colleagues were telling me :

川妹很赞哦.
Wa.. I think it is true lor.

It was quite a feast to the eyes, actually. ;)

I mean they bother to dress up neatly and their facial features are very well-defined (and without thick make-up).

No wonder W is considering migrating to
四川 or at least considering working there for a while, for a very good and valid reason. Kidding.. :p

- - - - - - -

I am still in the midst of processing the photos. Okay, maybe I share with you one that I had just done.



This is part of 五花海 @ 九寨沟.
I don't know how you feel about it.
I think I like it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha.. if i got a chance, i would also want to migrate to sichuan. :P heard got a street where there are a lot a lot a lot of pretty woman walking.. Opps.

Anonymous said...

=)