Monday, March 10, 2008

We may do what we don't believe in (at times.. )

We know "x" is a rather complex concept to grasp (for newbies). Yet many times, I see many people introduce the concept the same way they were being taught.

I asked some fellow colleagues…
“Did you all find "x" a difficult concept to learn?”
“Did you all grasp it immediately the first time that it was introduced to you when you were a student?”

The reply was (of course) expected …
“No. We don't understand during the lecture. We only understand the concept after… blah blah blah… ”

I enquired again…
“Then why are we all still lecturing the same way we were being taught in the past, knowing full well the students are not going to get it anyway?”

I am not saying I have much more effective method or I am more effective in introducing the concept. But since there is now an opportunity of sharing, I thought such is always a good question to keep in mind.

有人说「己所不欲勿施于人」...
相信我们不时都得做一点调整...


- - - - - -

I have heard of too many people complaining about their naggy parents.

I think it is true. Not many people like to be nagged at.
We questioned the logic to nag.
We prefer some private spaces and certainly enjoy as much air of freedom as possible.
We don't quite like to be told what to do and be reminded almost constantly.
We think we know what we are doing.
We think we are mature enough already... and so on...

Interestingly, I live long enough to witness how they themselves grow up to become naggy parents themselves. Haha..

Maybe we don't have to wait till we become parents ourselves to know it.
Just observe how we treat our (much younger) little siblings, maybe we have some clues about it already.

其实,一切都是出于一片爱心与关怀...
那一种苦口婆心、那一种耳提面命 ...
如果有一天忽然间没有了... 如果 ...


- - - - - - - - - -



是不是想出去解放一下那有一点紧绷的心?

No comments: