Monday, May 14, 2007

“I’d failed leh”..

Sy approached and she said..

Sy : I really got study. But I’d failed leh. In fact, I’m failing all subjects. How?

Me : You said you had studied, so if your tutor were to give you a new question now, do you have the confidence to get it right?

Sy : Er.. No.

Me : Then what are you studying?

She went silence for quite a while.

- - - - -

I wasn’t cornering her. In fact, my tone was empathetical throughout. If not our conversation wouldn’t be able to continue for another 10 minutes or so. But there was another part of our conversation which led me to think further.

Me : So when your tutor went through the solutions with you all, have you finally understood the concepts?

Sy : My tutor hasn’t discussed the paper yet. My tutor just scold and scold.

- - - - -

I am thinking..

She must have felt so cold during the scolding.

She joined us late, she needs help and she lacks confidence.

She tried (and she is still trying.. ) but what she had gotten so far were poor results and scolding. Mm..

Actually our conversation was joined in by Et slightly later, Et also explained how badly he had done for all his subjects. One of the reasons being his father was being diagnosed with liver cancer (at the very advanced stage) recently. His calm way when he related the details worried me a little. How is he (really) coping right now?

Sy and Et .. erm..

I think every *little pal wants to perform.

There are always some reasons for them not to have done as well.

So what was my first reaction when I see *little pals’ poor result?

Drill them?
Scold them?

Heh..

I think I need to learn to listen first.

But again, listening is such an art, which is not easy to master at all.

《聆听》本来就是一个高深的艺术。

I wonder when I could have another chance to talk to Sy and Et again for they are not in any of my classes.

But what am I going to say?

I am quite good at making things worse, sometime. Mm..

No comments: