Saturday, December 08, 2007

Different Screams..

S : Maybe you should try fishing.
Me : Mm… Maybe not ba..

After a while, we met again over lunch.

S : Really, maybe you should try fishing. You know, the feeling of fishing something real out is really cool! Who knows you might eventually like it?
Me : Mm… I think the fish very pain leh.
K (to
S) : Ooi.. (in a friendly tone) How would he try fishing? You still repeat so many times..
S (to Me) : Oh… sorry sorry. I know you would not want to try fishing.
Me : Hey.. Come on.. What sorry? It’s okay lah. 或许我还会调到美人鱼呢。 Haha..

As a matter of factly, I still appreciates
S's intention of sharing. :o)

- - - - -


I think I understand the joy of fishing.

We know there are people who are pretty hooked on it. They can rent boat and went out to the sea in the middle of the night to hook out or net up the fishes.

They are tired but always certainly happy and share willingly their prizes with friends and relatives.

I can imagine when they caught their prize(s), they were screaming for joy. But on the other end of the line, the fishes must be also screaming (silently
though) – screaming of agony.





I can imagine how terrifying it can be if someone were to force me into the water : a medium which I don’t belong to (live in). Hence it is also not difficult to imagine how equally terrifying it can be if the fishes were to be forced out of the water and into the air : a medium which they don’t belong to (live in). The feeling of out-of-breath is .. erm… I don’t think I need to elaborate.

Mm

While I do respect individual’s decision, I can only gently advise against it (fishing).


倘若是愿者上勾,我就无话可说了...
可是,我看的总是人们的千方百计、天罗地网...


我们是不是都喜欢如鱼得水的感觉...

那么为何要鱼儿承受如人溺水之苦...

不要说鱼儿不懂痛、不懂苦...
记得它们上勾、入网时的垂死挣扎...

I don't mean to criticize anyone. These are just some flow of thoughts. Anyway, there are always many reasons why many people are doing many things, no matter how silly or proper these things are.

- - - - - - - -



有一位圣者这么说:

一个具有理想抱负的人,是不会满足现状,安于现状,
他会一而再,再而三的激励自己,以更具影响力的行动,
来改善世界上一切的丑陋。

知责任者,大丈夫之始;
行责任者,大丈夫之终。

希望常与失望相倚,
若希望不使失者,唯有毅力可致。

No comments: