Sunday, January 27, 2008

Different, but not weird...

I saw Da pretty much in a daze. Maybe he was just disinterested in doing anything, but he still tried. At least he was there when his class is supposed to be there to prepare for a college event.

But just after we acknowledged each other presence…

Da was saying : My CT wants to counsel me, Ms A wants to counsel me, Mr G wants to council me, the school counsellor wants to counsel me, and so on. You also want to counsel me?

Not that he is looking forward to listen to me and think I can be a better counsellor, but he knows one more is not going to make a difference but may make the picture complete (complete as in all his teachers want to counsel him).

He was also commenting : Actually, I also know what they will be saying. What they will be saying is always so standard. Always must like this and always must like that. They think they are experienced and can understand people or me very well. But the fact is they don’t, not at all.


"Sometimes our light goes out, but is blown again into flame by an encounter with another human being"


Mm… We were told that teachers are front-line counsellors. Maybe that’s why all his teachers want to counsel him. But we were not really well-trained enough. Okay, to put it more fairly, we were given a 9-hour training programme spread over 3 weeks. Does that make us a counsellor? Oh well, a little bit of awareness, better than none, we may argue.

Also, maybe more so-called training can only make us produce more so-called “standard answers”? Haha.. In the line of counselling, besides training, I think we need something much much more. What’s that “something”? You decide.

- - - - -

Frankly speaking, just like Da, at the back of my mind, I think I also know what his CT, Ms A, Mr G, the school counsellor and so on would be saying to Da. What they would be saying will be for the own good of Da I’m sure, but sadly, not what Da wants at the moment.

But as it is now, those sessions (and more promised coming the way) only makes Da a little frustrated to the point of him saying to himself : Maybe I’m just weird.

Da is different, I got to admit, but not weird.
What can I do? Mm

Oh well, I got to learn to be more optimistic and learn to trust them more lah. In actual case, they are really much more experienced than I am. And any form of recovery takes time.


我能做的只是那么少
难免有时会感到渺小

希望能急速看到成效
究竟我还能如何出招
还是该处于自然就好


- - - - - - - - - -



有一位圣者这么说:

看到别人,应想到自己;
顾及自己,更要推及别人。

与人相处,要学吃亏,肯忍耐,
要睁一眼闭一眼,才能和睦。

凡是与人无争,多退让,自然心安理得。

No comments: