Friday, January 25, 2008

Paper too tough?


~ ~ Taking Examination ~ ~
No one likes a tough paper.
Maybe everyone likes an easy paper where everyone scores.
Even when we know we didn't prepare well enough before the paper, even when we know we didn't do quite well during the paper, we still hope for a miracle-good grade. When ... if indeed we really get the grade we prayed for finally, we feel happy and even feel we can be so good (although we suspect we may fail initially). Haha..
Just what is the value of a good grade (in some institutions)?

- - - - -

Met *little-pal C along the walk way. In our conversation, she commented, “When got paper tough until can kill people one?”

I don't think she is being arrogant.
In her view, if we study (by studying, she also mean to understand), we can definitely (at least pass if not) score.

You agree with her?
However, we do meet a lot of situation whereby many *little pals swear that they did study very hard, but … their results are still .. erm… pretty undesirable.

By “studying”, do they mean “purely memorising”, and getting ready to “regurgitate”?
Mm… If so, it wouldn’t work. Or if it does work (occasionally), but I’m rather certain we can’t go very far in this way.

“Understanding” must play a bigger part. I quite like the saying : Studying is not how much we put into it, it’s how much we get out of it. So, harshly speaking, it’s almost pointless to tell anyone just how hard we study (just to prove something, ending up proving “another thing”). It will be most meaningful to tell anyone just how much we have learnt and willing to share the learning.

I think, there is another area of concern : Aptitude.
I simply lack the aptitude to do Art, English Literature, History, Economics, Politics, …
I simply lack the heart. How to memorise? Ha.. How to even proceed to the next level : understanding?
I understand myself enough to do what I think I’m reasonably okay with and steer away from those incomprehensible subjects, so that people don’t know how stupid I am. Haha..

You?

Oh well, oh well…
When I’m about to end this entry, another thought crossed my mind.
I see that there are quite many people studying things they don’t like in the first place, forced by circumstances. Mm..
Must be tough for them.
Wish them well.

- - - - - - - - - -




問 : 白貓 + 黑貓會生下什麼顏色的貓?
答案 : 一隻黑貓 . 一隻白貓 . 一隻灰色貓

No comments: