Thursday, May 08, 2008

Letting Off..

Vg had done wrong. He dragged Jd into his plot. Jd knew it wasn't okay, but found it difficult to say "no" to a friend. So, in theory both are "wrong".

在他们的面前,我没有隐藏我的失望。

If their deed were to be exposed, they could be as good as disappear from their college.

我也不过是实话实说。

I was merely painting the picture of the possible outcomes of their action (or rather an action initiated by Vg, but passively involving Jd). And... it kind of hurt me to see Jd cried. He is already a man of few words, then with tears slowly flowing down his cheeks, we can imagine just how silent the session can be.

《沉默》加上《眼泪》:我会融化。

When asked what should be the appropriate action, Vg suggested to let Jd off, and he shall be the one taking all the responsibility. That was brave. But things never work out in such a way in reality and Jd will never be let off of the "official hook".

I am also in moral dilemma .
我不能默默无声。要不然,他们可能将来会小过不断,而大过接踵而来。
我若是稍微吭声。很显然,他们铁定会被逐出校门外,而没有翻身之机。


左思右想 ...
I actually decided (in my own personal capacity) to let them off.
I know I'm wrong in all “official sense”.
But to see how poor Jd can be implicated in such a way, my heart somewhat softened and I chose to "cover up" for them.
There were a few criterions I specified that I expect them to do (of course).

我为什么要这么做?
我又不是邀功,那么多事干什么?
我一只眼睁、一 只眼闭不就相安无事了吗?
我这么做值得吗?
万一我也被牵连呢?

我是在《包容》还是在《纵容》?
若是一味的《包容》也是一种《纵容》...


Since I had already decided doing so,
I have to take it as my responsibility to ensure their growth, I think.
如今,这一件事,
我唯一能得到安慰的便是他们的成长与进步。


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -




~ ~ Hopeful ~ ~

No comments: