Sunday, November 12, 2006

How Was My Candle Light Dinner?

Are you anticipating something juicy or sensational to read on? Hahaha
If yes, oh well... you may be a little bit "disappointed".

I am just back after attending a Wedding dinner. The seating arrangement was so special (because I requested for vegetarian meal) that I had to be seated around a small table meant for 4 while all the others were seated around a big table meant for 10.
Mm..

Besides, the region where my table was, was really bright lit. The intensity of the light over the table did not change even while all the others had dimmed down significantly while preparing for the bride and groom to make their grand entry into the dining ballroom. It was more like spot light shining on the people seated around my table. To make it more
interesting, only two people (me and a lady) out of the intended 4, turned up. Okay, so it was more like spot light shining on me and the lady during the grand entry of the bride and groom and in fact throughout the entire night. Hahaha.. Awkward right??!!

Her first comment was
“你会不会觉得很怪?”
Of course lah! Argg...

I am not complaining about the bride or groom. I understand their constraints. I was there primarily to congratulate them. I was not there to be served like a king or prince. However, I still just feel really awkward and a little funny. But I was willing to adapt accordingly. You know, from the corner of my eyes, I could see many of my colleagues (comfortably spread and seated at about 4 big tables) were glancing over occasionally. Of course, I could have just pick up my chair and insert myself amongst them, and be the 11th person of the table there.
But… I chose not to do it.

Hey, it was not that I was already so attracted to the charm of the lady at my table. I learnt that she is a really close friend of the bride (she met the bride years well before the groom did) and she only knows the bride and groom and no one else. So if I were to pick up my chair to join my colleagues, she will be left entirely alone.
Mm.. I can’t be that cruel right?

I decided to
endure the awkwardness and stay put. I even gathered enough courage to keep her “entertained” throughout the dinner. While “entertaining” her, I think I was also “entertaining” some of my colleagues around the tables nearby. They must have thought I know that lady so well. Haha..

During the photo taking session, when I have to join some of my colleagues..
One asked (softly),
“你的烛光晚餐怎么样?”
Another one added (not so softly), “是咯,我们会不会太亮了?”
ErmHaha.. I think throughout the years in my line of work, my skin really become very thick liao lor.

D, is that your way to make your wedding dinner memorable for me? Haha..
Anyway, the newly-wed couple performed a dance along the aisle of the hall. That was pretty cool and memorable!

Congratulation
D & J !! :)

No comments: