Friday, February 09, 2007

Learning to Outreach

Many of us were deployed out to Secondary School today as part of the “outreach programme” in our effort to promote our college.

Two *little pals were planned to go along with me. As we were new to each other, we introduced ourselves briefly and set off shortly after that.

Miscalculation! If we were to go straight to the school, we will be far too early. Mm.. I decided to detour. I took them sight-seeing around some ulu corners of Yishun town first instead. Haha.. That simple sight-seeing journey turned out more memorable to them. I’m just glad that they like it.


途中的小插曲:

X : Mr Nanzi, what classes are you teaching?

Nanzi : Oh, it’s CTG Pa, Pb, Pc and Pd. You have friends in year 1? Ha.. If you didn’t hear any complaints about me from them, then I’m safe.

X : No lah, they never complain. Actually many of my friends say you are ______ leh. My seniors also said so. Why you don’t teach our batch?

Z : Yeah lor. My seniors also say leh. They say ______ .

Nanzi (dotz… my face already turning into a red tomato… speech becoming a little incoherent) : Oh.. erm.. It's just that your friends and seniors are really willing learners. We will always try our best to help you all one lah.

I quickly talked about other things to distract them. :P

The without-consent-form-unofficial-mini-excursion ended just too soon, at least that was how we felt. And then we got to proceed to work. Ha… At least we had a pretty good starting.

The school was amazingly welcoming to us. Things were organized pretty promptly and the management staff (Principal and HODs), even though very busy, came personally to talk to us to see that we were comfortably attended to. Good people.

But but but..
My assigned task was to “sell” the college to the students. This is so tough for me. A good thing would be that the two *little pals coming along with me were former students there and they were pretty enthu into everything. Phew..

When “socializing” is concerned, I think I had somewhat succeeded to a small extent.
- I know the two new *little pals that came along with me, better.
- Some students from the secondary school, who are attending the college I’m in now as a PAE student, obviously know me. They came forward to identify themselves (as I may not have taught them before) and we chatted.
- The contacts with principal and the different HODs were quite pleasant too.

By if asked how I had fared for my orginal assigned task, I think I had failed big time.

- - - -

日间在砖瓦下,穿梭其中、有说有笑、互相切磋。
夜来在星空下,伴着街景、吹着凉风、相聚畅谈。
作日就那样轻轻松松一天过。

今日也如此潇洒自在来走过。

- - - - - - - - - - -



班上来了一位转校生。

自我介绍时说:
未必会是最聪明的,
未必会是最棒的,
未必会是最好的...!!

同学赞她谦虚时,
她说:大家好,我叫魏碧慧

No comments: