Sunday, February 18, 2007

New Year : Some Random Thoughts

IT IS A FESTIVE, A REJOICING SEASON. Do you feel it so?

IT IS A WONDERFUL TIME FOR RELATIVES AND FRIENDS TO MEET AND GET TOGETHER. Or do you drag it more?

I over-heard the following conversation :


Father (to his 3 teenager children) : 记得年初一,我们一家要一起到亲戚家拜年。
Son A : 我不能去,我有工作。
The father was silent, looked at his son briefly, looked away, but remained silent.
Daugther B :
我也不要去。
Mother : 一年一次,拜托啦。
Daugther B (in retort, wanting to make a point) : 为什么他 (referring to A) 可以不要去,我就不可以?以后我也在新年的时候做工咯。
The father signed audibly.
Daugther C :
他们 (referring to A and B) 都没有去,我也不要去了。

Can we understand how the father feels? I think, not until we become one, ourselves.
Alright, we may turn the table around and question the father whether he knows how his children feel. Mm


人是应该互相体谅。
可是如果只懂得一味地要求对方来体谅自己,这其中的味道就不一样了。



THERE ARE INTERESTING AND MEANINGFUL PRACTICES. Or are you merely going through the motion?

Recently, I hear this umpteen times over the TV set, some kids saying :

我们不能睡,我们要为爸妈《守岁》。

哈哈 …
你相信《守岁》吗?我相信。
你了解《守岁》吗?我不敢说我很了解。
《守岁》的意义只是为爸妈而守的吗?好像不只是这样。

苏轼写下了《守岁》名句:
明年岂无年,心事恐蹉跎;
努力尽今夕,少年犹可夸!

古人在一首《守岁》诗中写道:
相邀守岁阿戎家,蜡炬传红向碧纱;
三十六旬都浪过,偏从此夜惜年华。

我看好多的人,还真的很有心啊。就是熬着不睡。
可是仔细观察,为了提神很多人不过是在
- 吃喝玩乐、
- 谈论是是非非、
- 看看电视节目、等等。
就是要消磨时间啦。
殊不知,《消磨时间》跟《守岁》的本意背道而驰。
我…

时间允许的话,不妨好好儿的来体会一下。
:o)
这里看看也不错:守岁


I think I believe more in the blue, but quite many people seem to have feeling tending towards the red. Mm.. Of course, I’m not going to lecture you here that you should.. blah blah blah.. But if you wish to talk about it in person, I welcome that. ;)

I often ask myself (during this season) :
I am older but am I wiser?
Have I done things more right than wrong?
What would I do to right the wrongs?
How could I do to lead the coming year(s) more meaningfully?
Have I fulfilled my roles well as a son, sibling, friend, colleague, teacher and erm.. okay the rest collectively as “etc.” ?

Maybe I am thinking too much. Haha..

Maybe as what F said : 只要过得开心就好.

我只是想我要如何把开心的定义再扩张一点。
范围不要只是自己开心就好。
我也希望大家都能过的开心。

恭贺诸位:
新年进步!
身心安康!
万事如意!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha = ) CNY~ aiyo.. you should be a father yourself and let me know how it feels ma... =p