Friday, March 16, 2007

I was a Temporary Army Officer

I drove into a petrol station, stopped my car’s engine, get out of my car, open the fuel-tank-cap and instructed the attendant, “full tank please.”

Then I proceeded to walk into the convenient-store where the cashier was to pay the bill. The fun started as I pushed open the glass door of the store.

Another attendant was inside reading leisurely, but upon seeing me walking into the store, he stopped what he was doing immediately, body a little tensed up and threw me a mega-watt smile and said, “Hello sir, good afternoon.” For your information, he was saluting me at the same time.

I tried to be as polite (trying to match his), but I really felt a little strange. I mean it is good to be friendly, but his expression seemed to tell another thing altogether. He seemed to have many things to tell me.

I proceeded to pay my bill. And I know he was waiting patiently, wanting to talk to me, trying to tell me something.

“Hello sir, you from army right?”

I looked at him, still smiling, and said “No. Long time never go army already.”

He appeared confused, “You have brother working in army right?”

I said, “Brother? No lah. Brother don’t like army also.”

“Aiyo. Your face exactly the same as my officer lah.”
He went on to describe in amazement how I was like his officer : my facial expression, my built .. and so on. We chatted for a while.

Haha.. So it was once again a mistaken identity. Not my first anyway.

I felt quite funny now. So I am like a gung-ho army officer! The fact that the petrol station attendant was willing to talk at great length about that officer only suggested that the officer was/is not a bad one. So more precisely, I look like a good gung-ho army officer man! Yeah!

Dreaming. Dream on. More like army ocifer. Haha..



~ ~ Confused Identity ~ ~
只要不误认我为不良分子,
这一类的经验还蛮好玩的。

- - - - - - - - - -



某人因为在公开场合骂一位贵妇「母狗」,而被贵妇告上法庭。

「你太粗鲁了。」法官对某人说:「你必须在庭上公开向这位夫人道歉,否则就把你关起来。」

「我可以道歉,但是请问法官。」某人说:「我不能称这位夫人母狗,但是改天我遇上真的母狗,能不能称它为夫人呢?」

法官想了想,笑了:「你要发神经是你的事,那当然可以。」

「好极了!」某人立刻向贵妇一鞠躬:「对不起! 夫人!」

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes SIR!
*Salute*
=P