Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Who is Stubborn?

M was saying to me yesterday :
My father is very stubborn. I told him . . . blah blah blah . . . But he never once bother to listen to what I want to say.

But M’s father once (only a few weeks ago) related to me :
This
M. Haiz.. You know, he is so stubborn. I had already told him so many times that . . . blah blah blah . . . He simply doesn’t listen.

- - - - -

Have we been caught in any situation witnessing two parties accusing each other of being stubborn?

Anyway, what is being stubborn?

If I have a deviant point and want to bring it across strongly, am I being stubborn? Maybe that is just being a little dominant. Heh.. No worries, I am not.

But what if I am in the situation to see that they are wrong (in my perspective) and I tried to convince them repeatedly, but they in turn tried to tell me insistently how wrong (in their perspective) I am? I believe they will perceive me as someone being stubborn. At the same time, I may also be boiling as to how stubborn they are. True?

Ha.. I am merely painting some silly scenarios here.

We all have points to make at times.
How good if the points we make are seriously being considered!
What if the points we made are being brushed off?
Maybe things could be better if the other party makes us feel they are indeed listening to get our points right first, even if it were to be followed by some sincere rebuttals.

On another perspective, when we are making a point and only expect others to take it and nothing else, I believe there is a certain degree of stubbornness in us too, I think.

Perhaps, when we are making a point..
Yes, we believe in what we are saying. But in our heart, we should have rooms for communications; we should have spaces to allow better suggestions for further improvements at the same time.

- - - - - - - - - -





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am stubborn..
I told myself to *blah blah blah*, not to *blah blah blah*...
I don't even listen to myself.. :)

(^.^) Everyone is just stubborn?..

Anonymous said...

Not sure whether if it is EVERYONE.
But to some,
I am VERY stubborn, I guess. :P