Sunday, March 18, 2007

Some are struggling to get by...

Singapore may be a developed country, but recently I encountered quite many cases of people really struggling to get by.

(1) My heart sank a bit when I learnt that a fellow colleague once mentioned, “
I had no money for lunch and casually wondered where lunch would come from”...

(2) I can’t possibly feel nothing when I learnt that he is working so hard (leaving home before 6am, returning home passed 8pm), but more than half of his monthly income has to be used to clear his debt incurred from his failed businesses in the past. His stress only compounded further when he learnt that ... save the details ... mm..

(3), (4), (5) ...

Certainly, it’s nice to learn that their relatives and friends also try to help.

Is money going to be their main saviour? Mm..


- - - - -

起初,我真的会有一点舍不得。
毕竟,那是个“陌生”的数字。
可是,我也明白他比我更需要。

Mm ...
他都开口了,我也就依了他吧。
就算我从头再来又何妨?...
就算他十载也未能偿还又如何?...
放心,我还是会甘愿的 。...
因为,终于听到他松了一口气 。...

- - - - - - - - - - -



有一位圣者这么说:

人既然生活在世界上,就必须做两件事。

一件是:从现实去发掘理想的宝藏。
一件是:从理想去弥补现实的缺陷。

尽管现实是痛苦与罪恶,
如能克服现实的缺陷,便是理想的完成。

困难是成功的恩人,
因此对于困难要感激,不要有埋怨,
因为有前阻才会有后力。

No comments: