Monday, January 15, 2007

An Issue with Edumail …

Every well-established organisation have their own emailing system, it seems. In other words, if I am from company/organisation XYZ, very likely my email will be like

nanzi@xyz.com.sg
or
nanzi@xyx.org.sg
or
You know.. erm.. something along this line.

Some people told me, when they first join a company they like, they will be eager to receive their
personalised email. They told me that will be a way of demonstrating acceptance (by the company) and a sense of identity is there.

Lately, I’m really not too impressed with Edumail.
We could be
happily preparing an email and when we are indeed ready heh… we click on button 「 Send 」 and is only greeted by the message :




What?! We have a system that is “shutting-down” on us, when we are in the midst of using it? Mm.. Okay, I understand if we were to log in the system and left it untouch for a long time, and that message were to appear upon any engagement with the system, then fine, I would appreciate the security sense. But.. now.. mm..

Fine. (Not too fine, actually.) We then try logging in again. I mean, we were just following the instruction to "log in again". Very likely it will not be successful. More likely, we will be further greeted by another message :





Wa! Maybe I should be more understanding. They must be doing some kind of very regular maintenance without prior notice. The workforce for this organisation must be really big and erm.. hence the system is more difficult to manage.

A silly thought crossed my mind. Maybe we can all just do some collaboration with bigger names like Yahoo Mail or Gmail to communicate instead. Haha..

Of course, we know Yahoo Mail and Gmail have much much more clients than Edumail, yet.. er ..


- - - - - - - - - -



- - 完美 - -

小和尚坐在地上哭,满地都是写了字的废纸。

「怎么啦?」老和尚问。

「写不好。」小和尚回答。

老和尚捡起几张看:
「写得不错嘛,为什么要扔掉?又为什么哭?」

「我就是觉得不好。」
小和尚继续哭: 「我是完美主义者,一点都不能错。」

「问题是,这世界上有谁能一点都不错呢?」
老和尚拍拍小和尚:
「你什么都要完美,一点不满意,就生气,就哭,这反而是不完美了。」

No comments: