Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Talking About Dislikes…

Over the years, we must have heard quite many (amusing) accounts of how people dislike
- their country,
- their workplace,
- their school,
- their neighbourhood,
- their colleagues,
- their friends,
- people they crossed their path, or even… erm..
- their family, etc.

In other words, they bear their negative feelings about their (immediate) environment.

True, those are personal accounts and by all means should be respected for at least their individualistic.

Some thoughts just crossed my mind…

If _____ is already good and fine, the "goodness" and "fineness" are not because of me. Sure, I can enjoy its "goodness" and "fineness". But… Am I more likely to make it better, finer? Or Am I more likely to contaminate its "goodness" and "fineness"? Heh.. You?

If _____ is really no good by whatever yardstick I am using, and by some stroke of luck, I ended up with it. Then how? Should I just lament over my ill fate? Then complain and complain unconstructively… Or Should I, by my little ways, make it better? Heh.. You? By and large, I know the initial "badness" is also not because of me. But if I (and everyone) were to merely condemn and loathe it, it only can turn more pathetic (at least in my own eyes) and the next new higher level of "pathetic-ness" is then because of me?

“Strange” flow of thoughts, I know…
“More strange ones” no sharing tonight… :P


笨笨的我这么想:
会不会若
让你看到了『不圆满之处』,
那是上苍让你有将之『改过』的荣耀?
我们若只会一味的抨击,
这世界不会因此而变得更圆满,
反而更可能有变本加厉的因素存在。


说着说的,我的心又飞到了那里 ...


New Zealand - South Island - Kairuru Farm Stay - December 2006
~ Courtesy of F & DY ~


- - - - - -



- - 撑着不死 vs 好好活着 - -

大热天,禅院里的花被晒萎了。
「天哪,快浇点水吧!」
小和尚喊着 , 接着去提了桶水来。

「別急!」
老和尚说:
「现在太阳大,一冷一热,非死不可,等晚一点再浇。」

傍晚,那盆花已经成了「霉干菜」的样子。
「不早浇……」
小和尚咕咕哝哝地说:  
「一定已经死透了,怎么浇也活不了了。」

「少啰嗦!浇!」老和尚指示。

水已经下去,没多久,已经垂下去的花,
居然全站了起来,而且生意盎然。

「天哪!」
小和尚喊:
「它们可真厉害,憋在那儿,撑着不死。」

「胡说!」
老和尚纠正:「不是撑着不死,是好好活着」

「这有什么不同呢?」小和尚低着头。

「当然不同。」
老和尚拍拍小和尚:
「我问你,我今年八十多了,我是撑着不死,还是好好活着?」

晚课完了,老和尚把小和尚叫到面前问:
「怎么样?想通了吗?」

「没有。」小和尚还低着头。

老和尚敲了小和尚一下:「笨哪!一天到晚怕死的人,
是撑着不死;每天都向前看的人,是好好活着。」

「得一天寿命,就要好好过一天。
那些活着的時候天天为了怕死而拜佛烧香,
希望死后能成佛的,绝对成不了佛。」

No comments: