Saturday, January 06, 2007

A Young … An Old …

I was in a queue and I noticed someone staring at me. I glanced over. OMG, what a pair of innocent eyes! The stare (glance or look) that I received was from a young child, still seating in a pram. I smiled to the child, and the smile was reciprocated. I will remember that smile of his for long.

That’s how a young child will look at you, I guess. And if we were to return the glance, our eyes will basically be
locked to each other. Don’t expect the child to shy away, he or she will only look at you more curiously, as if inspecting every pores of yours, as if seeing through you.

Frankly, I just like to look at the eyes of a child. They
spell innocence that I should re-learn from, because I was a child before ; they signify purity in the state of mind that I have to re-gain, because I was a child before …

我们也曾经年轻过…

- - - - - -

In the same day, I was in another queue. There was an old man right in front of me. He bought only simple things but I can see that he struggled quite a bit just to get the right sum of money in coins to pay the cashier.

When he turned and was walking away, I noticed immediately from his side view that I know this man. He is a friend of my parents well before I came to this world. He
was articulate and his Chinese calligraphy was really good. Pardon me for using the past tense to describe his qualities, for I know he was down with some serious illnesses some time ago and was troubled by many family issues. His eyes are now a little cloudy and his body frame seemingly fragile.

He continued to walk slowly away, while I was contemplating whether to call him or not. He wouldn’t have remembered me anyway, I thought. The next moment, the cashier asked me to pay up!
Mm..

随着岁月的流逝,我们也会渐渐的老化 …

- - - - - -

From our youth to our present, what have we learnt?
成长的过程,会不会让我们学习到什么?
同时,我们会不会觉得好像失去些什么?


From our present to our elderly future (inevitably), will we be applying what we have learnt?
老化乃是自然的现象,它一点都不可怕。
我们是否当要注意,在渐渐老化的当儿,
我们心灵的素质也是否有逐渐地提升呢?

如果生命是一本乐谱,谱曲者究竟是谁?


- - - - - -





No comments: