Tuesday, January 23, 2007

A Little Account : Moving with Time...

A random paragraph I've just read :

In 1816 waltzing was condemned as a “fatal contagion” that encouraged promiscuity; in 1910 films were denounced as “an evil pure and simple, destructive of social interchange”; in the 1950s rock 'n' roll music was said to turn young people into “devil worshippers” and comic books were accused of turning children into drug addicts and criminals. In each case the pattern is the same: young people adopt a new form of entertainment, older people are spooked by its unfamiliarity and condemn it, but eventually the young grow up and the new medium becomes accepted—at which point another example appears and the cycle begins again.

- from The Economist, January 20th – 26th


This paragraph somehow captivated my attention for a while.

I kind of ask myself :

Is there anything I can’t accept now, but I may grow to accept it later?
Mm.. Unthinkable.

Since I may be accepting it later, why not accepting it now?
Crazy.. Haha..

Through the passage of time, changes are inevitable. We, the human in general, can even change the way we perceive things. We call this moving with time? The mental faculty of ours is just too intricate and complicated for me to comprehend at times.

Still, I hope certain things don’t change and I can't wait for certain things to change. Well, my list is actually quite long, but no worries, I wouldn’t want to bore you with the list. You certainly have your fair share of items.


How about perceiving all animals as "equal", as "friends"?


No comments: