Monday, January 22, 2007

She said, “My brother says…”

I walked towards ZL to check on her work and she said, “My brother says you are … (some complementary words, too shy to write here).”

I went “Huh?”

She added, “My brother’s name is ZD. You don’t remember? He is born in the year 1985.”

I remember that batch pretty well, each and every one that I had tutored. Hence, I am so sure
ZD was never in any of my class. The name is just a little … erm… not-that-familiar. And I said, “I don’t think I tutored your brother before.”

To affirm what I’d just said, she mentioned, “Oh. True. You were his lecturer occasionally only.”

In response, I said as a-matter-of-factly, “He was from class 2xx.”
Looking at her expression, this statement obviously stunned her… heh… for I actually remember her brother’s class correctly even without tutoring him before. I think I’m not-that-bad in recalling numbers. :P

So don’t be too shock if I can recall your NRIC number if I ever processed some personal administrative tasks on your behalf. Kidding.. Haha.. I’ve got better things to remember. :P

Actually, my main purpose of writing this silly account is to remind myself, whatever I do/say/think/share now, these *little pals are watching/absorbing/evaluating. In other words, my thoughts/actions may affect them. And words get around. I can only hope whatever effects already “effected” are all tending towards the more positive sense.

We really need to be mindful of our ways, and not because someone is watching.
But in any case, we know what we are doing, HE knows what we are doing too.



~ ~ Serving its Purpose ~ ~
This picture came to my mind, reminding me that I may not be perfect, but as long as I serve my purpose in life ...

- - - - - - - - - -



有一位圣者这么说:

「我执」是心灵的大包袱。
它侵蚀了慈悲的热能,它掩藏了智慧的光明。

No comments: