Thursday, April 05, 2007

… Should Come & Tell …

A requested to meet me, which I was only too glad to agree.

A’s first few words were, “I have cancelled my PR.”

Mm.. I don’t see the link, frankly. He came all the way just to tell me that? He has so many other more “efficient” means of informing me. But he chose to do it in his real physical presence.

“You want to escape NS right?”, I joked.

“I am going overseas to study and I think I
should come and tell you.” was the sentence that struck me most after that.

Should come and tell”… mm
Rather heart-warming indeed, for someone to take it as his responsibility to update me of his directions. It wasn’t the fact that I could guide him any further or better as he already has a very clear picture of where he is heading. Good for him.

Considering that I only tutored him during his first year in the college, it is pretty amazing that somehow we still keep in contact. Chatting with him has always been a light-hearted experience. We did so today for almost 2 hours. If not because I got to … we might just go on and on.

So he will be flying away real soon.
Mm.. What is that kind of feeling welling up within me? A little of this and a little bit of that. I can't describe.

We ended our conversation with him saying, “I
will definitely stay in contact with you.” That was followed by a warm hand-shake.

I know we will meet real soon again, at least before his departure to a greener pasture.


~ Staying in Contact ~
A has always impressed me with his sincerity in doing things.
This time round, no less.

真诚就是那么容易感动人。

他的成绩真的很好。
相信不久的将来会有一番作为。
所以在不久的将来我会认识不少很有作为的人。

~ ~ 哈哈哈 ~ ~

- - - - - - - - - -



有一位圣者这么说:

改变、转型的过程,必是艰辛痛苦。


一开始困难重重,常有遇到瓶颈而不知所措的无力感;

再来是别人对你的冷嘲热讽、批评、不赞同,甚至不屑一顾的眼光;


最后,你为自己理出一条路,向着更高的目标前进,

别人对你的赞美、称颂之声不断,

这正是你最危险的时刻、最难熬的关头。

在进一步、退两步,进两步、退四步大转型过程,

你们更需要的是自助与互助、自信与互信。

若没有这样的情谊联系,愿景就不是所谓的完善。

No comments: