Friday, April 06, 2007

Today is…

Today is ...

The sacred Good Friday…

The Holy 观音诞 ...

Relating to these events (I guess), I over-heard someone saying something over lunch. I wasn’t eavesdropping, he was just plain loud, as if he was telling me personally. Haha..

He said :
以前我不相信这些的。现在我相信 leh.
要拜拜啊。很好的 leh. 拜一拜保平安嘛。

He went on to talk about other things too.

Now that I’m only with myself, I think about his words again, and some thoughts just flow by ...


拜一拜保平安是不错啊。

可是自古以来,诸方大佛、万仙菩萨、各门先圣,
从来就没有一位说过:
来拜我,我会保佑你平安。

你作何想?


In other words, are we harbouring thoughts that we can live safely ever after, just by praying (or paying respect) to them?

诸方大佛、万仙菩萨、各门先圣们
苦口婆心、耳提面命的教诲、牵引、提醒,
我们有铭记多少呢?
我们又落实几分呢?


In other words, praying (or paying respect) to them may only be the beginning stage of a journey to safety, but definitely things cannot stop just there.

Many other thoughts surfaced, but I’m just plain lazy to write now. :P

Summarising :
May there be more peace to the world.

- - - - - - - - - -



有一位圣者这么说:

改变,蕴藏着生机与危机;
但不改变,只有死机。
这时你作何抉择?

改变需要不断的、一再的、
刻不容缓的自我回光返照,与自我鞭策、勉励。
绝不是三、五日、一瞬间,肤浅的在形象上作调动。

No comments: