Saturday, July 28, 2007

My Spare Tyre..

Of course, of course, I’m not talking about those fatty flaps around my waist. As if there is any? Haha..

I’m really talking about the fifth tyre in a normal 4-wheel sedan car. Mm..

While I was walking towards my car yesterday, I wasn’t alone. The guy walking next to me happened to be the driver of the car beside where my car was parked. There wasn’t conversation between us at first. But when we were both about to enter our own car, he called out to me, for he had noticed something from his perspective.

He : Hi Mister, I think you have a flat tyre.
Me : Huh? Really?


I walked over to take a look at the left-back wheel. And .. Haiz.. I saw a half deflated tyre still supporting my heavy car-body. The culprit was just a nail that pierced through that original tyre. I saw that silly nail. Mm..

Me : … Thanks for telling!


Poor tyre.

Poor me also, for once more, I just got to fold up my sleeves and... Argg

I was a little shock to see the standard spare tyre available at the bottom of the car-boot. It was awful. I was a little skeptical whether it was able to provide a good support. Let’s see if you feel the same way. Just take a look :





~ ~ Spare Tyre Mounted ~ ~
It looks like a total misfit!

Amazingly, I was still able to travel for more about 30km with that spare typre with no problem at all. But.. It’s certainly much better to see the original state again.



~ ~ Spare Tyre Removed. Normal Working Tyre Mounted ~ ~


- - - - -


(1)
Why the tyre must get punctured at that time??!!
So inconvenient!
I was about to… but just got to miss it.
Because of the arrangement to get everything fixed… I have to miss another…
But again, where got such a thing as a convenient time for a tyre to get punctured one??! Haha..


不顺心的事总不会在所谓「适当的时候」发生。
不顺心的事总是会发生。
我们惟有改变我们的心态来面对所谓「不顺心的事」。



(2)
Why the spare typre looks so awful, looks so insecure??!!
I think this strategy ensures no unnecessary delay to get the injured tyre fixed. This is always the recommended way anyway.
So, it must be for better security reason, for the spare tyre to look so insecure? Haha..


- - - - - -



有一位圣者这么说:

小人以耳目导心,
君子则以心导耳目,
不因环境的诱惑及动乱,而改变修行的志气。

No comments: