Saturday, September 29, 2007

ADVISORY NOTICE ..

I have just received a letter from the Traffic Police Department.

It says..




What continues is more interesting.

However in this instance, no summons action will be taken against you or the driver of the vehicle. This letter serves as an advisory to the driver. Please note that the Traffic Police will maintain a record of this advisory and we will not hesitate to take action against drivers who accumulate multiple advisory letters or similar warning notices for speeding.

Please assist us to urge all drivers to adhere to speed limits and drive safely.

Yours faithfully,

CHIEF INVESTIGATION OFFICER
VIOLATION REPORTS
TRAFFIC POLICE DEPARTMENT


- - - - -

I was thinking ... Phew…

It came as a little surprise to me, frankly. I thought they give summon straight. I didn’t know they have the practice of giving advisory notice. When it all started?? I must say it is rather kind of them.

Mm.. I know speeding is bad. But I think 80 kmph is manageable at Lentor Avenue lor. No point to argue. Just feeling a little lucky this time and at the same time noted that my record is no longer clean. :o(

- - - - -

Actually, I was already expecting a letter from them asking for fines.

That day, I remembered travelling along the road and was shocked to see a man in plain clothing, standing on an overhead bridge with a black camera-look-alike equipment aiming at my car. I noted my speed and it was slightly above 80 kmph and I thought
liao liao. So many days had passed, I thought I was safe. But...

So the message is... Want to speed, please don't speed pass near an overhead bridge.
Haha.. I'm kidding.

As a token of appreciating their kindness, I will like to end with the message : All drivers out there, please adhere to speed limits and drive safely hor.

No comments: