Sunday, September 23, 2007

Why are you queuing for?

I was there on a mission, directed by an “order”.

Kaoz.. The queue was there. I was having thoughts of leaving or joining the queue for I observed that the queue wasn’t exactly very long, but it was really slow moving.

I decided to join in the queue, after all.

Within a minute, two old uncles joined in the queue behind me. Just two normal uncles, but they are going to be the main characters of my entry today.

These two uncles wore the same shirt and were having little chats all the while. And when we were all about 45 minutes into the queue, I overheard a conversation behind me that I almost burst out laughing.

A young lady and her mother passed by. They saw the long queue and got interested what it was all about. The mother-daughter pair happened to approach the two old uncles behind me and asked them.


Young Lady : Uncle, 你们为什么要排队?你们排队买什么?
(Singaporean very interested in queues hor?)

Uncle : 我不知道 leh. 看人家排,我们也排 lor.

Young Lady : huh?
The young lady was apparently not very surprised and she only let off a soft “huh” and then continued to look around trying to search for an answer herself.


Uncle : 我们真的不知道。到了前面,好就买,不好就不买 lor.
The uncle re-iterated. He must be thinking the young lady did not believe him.

I controlled, trying hard not to laugh. I turned back to explain to the young lady and her mum, and also to the two uncles who had joined me in the queue for 45 minutes.

The two uncles : Oooor. (They said it almost together.. )

The lady and her mum, said thanks and commented the queue yesterday wasn’t that bad (and therefore they were not as curious yet) and conversed among themselves that they will come back again some other day.




Queuing is a good habit.
Queuing for a purpose maintains order.



本地人爱「排队」、
或是对「为什么他们在排队」有兴趣、
或是跟着排队都不知道为什么,
我还以为只是一种传说。

如今在我「眼后」搬演,我还真的不能不信啊。
看来,有「钱」又有「闲」的人还不少。哈哈 …


Thinking..
从前我们(也)喜欢排排坐 ...






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so.....
What are you queueing for actually?

Anonymous said...

Food! Haha..