Sunday, September 09, 2007

Are You Happy??

I think I can safely assume everyone wants to be happy, or hopes to be happy.

But are you happy now?

Some say..
Happiness is an attitude.
It doesn’t depend on who you are or what you have. It depends on what you think.
It isn’t what happens to you in life that counts. It’s what you do about it that matters.

The other say..
Happiness is appreciating who we are.
We have to think differently about ourselves and appreciate how wonderful we are.
We are miracles in our own right and as such deserve respect and love from ourselves first.


You may say..
Happiness is having a big dream and realizing it.
What research has shown is that people who can visualize positive outcomes normally succeed better than those who ‘hope’ for positive outcomes.
How do you know what you like and don’t like unless you try things out and experience pleasure or pain? Life is a journey of lessons and they become easier when you allow yourself to just be and experience them.

I think I’m also in agreement with..
Happiness is living in gratitude..
We know that doors can close, so living in gratitude right now for everything in our lives at the present time can be a blessing, because when we move on we will have no regrets.
New doors lead to new friends, new places, new lives sometimes and new
ways of doing things.
With a happy heart, our futures are always brighter than our pasts and our present is just a perfect gift.
Love and forgive those close if they bring you down. They think they have your best interests at heart.

How about the idea that
Happiness is ‘Making a Difference’ (MAD)??
What is your difference?
How can you make a difference?


The list could go on and on, I guess.

The gist of it is still (as how Edward De Bono once nicely put it) :
No matter how you say, what they say, ask ourselves : Are we happy?

Mm..

Actually there are people quite into leading others to see/feel happiness.
Maybe, if time allows, you may want to read about it : http://www.shelleysykes.com/HappinessBug1.html

Ha.. So go and catch the happiness bug! :o)



~ ~ What a Beautiful Happy Flower ~ ~
If I were to focus on the badness happening within me, on me, around me, I don't think you can see my smiles any more. Haiz..
But again, if I were to focus on the goodness happening around me, there are many reasons for me to go on. Mm..
Maybe I am also not-too-wrong to say whether we are happy or not, is really a personal choice.

- - - - - -



有一位圣者这么说:

在顺境中,不受外来感染之气;
在逆境中,不怠惰退缩,勇往直前;
在富贵中,不骄淫霸势;
在贫贱中,不怨天尤人,安贫乐道;
在光明中,不失去本来道心;
在黑暗中,不盲修瞎炼;
在困难中,要威武不屈;
在考验中,要愈考愈坚,万魔不退,才有真心得。

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happiness is a simple concept;
Yet at times, it seems not so simple to achieve. I wonder why. :o)

Nevertheless,
this entry leads me back to looking at the nice things in life, and relooking at the not-so-nice things again.
I hope I can catch the happiness bug too. :o)