Thursday, September 27, 2007

Viral Attack.

Tuesday
Evening, I took quite an heavy dinner.

Wednesday
0200h, I woke up feeling bloated in the tummy and vomited. Went back to sleep.

0330h, I woke up again, feeling strange. Thinking that the vomiting earlier must have done me bad. I drank more water. The drinking only induced another round of more violent vomiting. Kaoz.. Went back to sleep again.

0530h, I woke up again, still feeling not too right. I drank some more water, having the knowledge that vomiting can be rather dehydrating. Again, the drinking induced one more round of vomiting. Exhausted. Sianz..

I was so sure my heavy dinner ate on Tuesday evening was all thrown up.

0600h, I woke up because of the pre-set alarm. My stomach was already very empty. I think my intestines (long and short) were empty too. Yet I just didn’t have the appetite to eat any breakfast.

I left for college without breakfast, thinking I was that “yong”. Mm..

0730h, everything just turned from bad to worse. I was having giddy spell. Felt like vomiting, but clearly nothing left for me to vomit. My breathing turned a little heavy even without doing anything physical. My limps went a little numb. I just had to give up and surrender myself to a nearby doctor.

0815h The doc gave me an injection. Smart idea, for any oral administration of drug will end up either in the toilet bowl or in the sink (due to vomiting). Okay, oral rehydration salts, Buscopan (Hyoscine) and Dimenate were also given.
It was due to some silly viral attack, the doc said.

0830h Left the clinic, without confidence that I can reach home safely. My limps were still weak and erm.. the entire feeling was just not right.

0900h Reached home. Felt asleep immediately.

1130h Woke up. Took the oral medication with some fruit juices (for the idea of throwing up immediately after drinking plain water still stayed).
Alemak, within a minute, I threw up everything. I think I wasted the medication.
Still feeling tired, so went back to sleep again.

1500h Woke up again. That time, I tried taking medicine slowly. Ha.. Didn’t throw up. So I tried eating only one banana. I actually fell asleep in the midst of eating the banana (my so-called lunch). I also realised I was a little feverish. Kaoz.. Took panadols. Argg..
Went to sleep again. What else can I do?

1700h Woke up. Still a little feverish.
Plus got diarrhea. Haiz... Took “Bao Ji Wan” some more. Went to sleep some more.

In the late evening, I vaguely heard my mum asking me to wake up for dinner. Too weak to answer anything. Continue to sleep through (without breakfast, lunch or dinner) until today’s morning.

Thursday
Today, went to school as usual. What to do, the doc only gave me one day MC for yesterday. Mm.. Actually, I think I am feeling much better today and even if I have a MC, I think I will still report to college as usual.

The fact is my appetite is still very bad.

Till 1800h, I think I only ate 2 small bananas and 3 little raisin buns throughout the day.

1930h Tried taking my dinner. Only took one-quarter plateful of rice to go along with some vegetables.

One thing good I can say about this experience is : a much more trimmed waist line.

Sianz.. Now only what time, but feeling sleepy again. Okay, I know I shouldn't be writing, but sleeping. Bye..


还是要说一声
谢谢朋友们的关怀。

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wa. Sounds bad, take care young man.

Anonymous said...

must take good care of yourself wo... hope you are better le..

Anonymous said...

Thanks JJ and Rain.
Getting better.
Shall be in my best in no time. :o)


Anyway, a little conversation between me and the doc may serve as a good general reminder for all of us.

Me : Is the virus contagious?
Doc : Yes.
Me : Then, for me to come to you to seek consultation, wouldn't it be a fact that you all also susceptible to the same illness?
Doc : Yes.
Me : So sorry.
Doc : But. Not to worry. Such viruses are not air-borne. It could be transferred by touching door-knobs even tough. The way we protect ourselves would be consciously not to touch our mouth, face, nose, eyes, after treating patient. Unless, we wash our hands properly. Wearly a simple mask would be an extra protection.

- - - -

So, in general, keep our hands from our face, our nose, our eyes, our mouth, unless we wash our hands properly.

Anonymous said...

wa, sound like the hand-food-mouth disease? hmm.. but do really take care.. i think as our technology progress, the virus also progress.. so .. take care wo~