Monday, September 03, 2007

P.Ubin..

I remember when we first boarded the bumboat at Changi, it started drizzling. From then onwards, the drizzles may become not that noticeable, but hardly came to a stop. Sometimes, it even got stronger, almost like pouring.

When we set foot again on mainland at Changi, on our return trip, I think the rain finally actually came to a stop.

Kaoz.. The rain was really for us. Haha..
I take that as a kind of blessing of holy water from high above. Yes, we were more or less drenched when we landed back at Changi.

Because of the rain, I hardly had the chance to take any picture. Mm.. My camera is not water-proofed, you see.

Snapped five
nia.


Looking out from a Tudor-style cottage at the visitor centre for Chek Jawa Wetlands.



While still at that cottage ..


Yes, we exchanged photo-shots of each other. Interestingly, this little boy (N) and I met for the first time, yet during the walk, he would come towards me, stretched his little hand to hold mine, to let me hold his hand occasionally. Once, while resting at the jetty, he even came over and sat of my already very-tired lap. Loveable.





N with his dad.
N also forced me to take a picture with his dad, using his camera. Haha..





~ ~ Ketam Quarry ~ ~
Taken while we were all resting, as the drizzles gradually took a nastier turn.
(You must click on the picture for a better view.)

- - - -

One more thing I must mention.

The feel at the Coastal Boardwalk @ Chek Jawa Wetlands is rather nice. If not because of the bumboat ride (that has such an irregular set-off time.. ) and if not because of the extra 40-min walk from the jetty to it (provided you don’t miss a turn.. ), I wouldn’t mind dropping by that coastal boardwalk very frequently.

We were informed that Chek Jawa’s various eco-systems unveil at low tides of 0.5 metres and below. For the nature-lover, you may want to refer to the tides (here) when you plan for a visit to avoid disappointment. We went in today with the tide at around 0.9 metres, and erm.. of course, we saw not much of the rich eco-systems thingy. Yet, I think the experience we had there was still a nice one.


- - - -

一场长命雨让我们停停走走
看的地方就不多

不会觉得可惜
因为相对的
我们就有好多旧地重游的理由 …

No comments: