Wednesday, October 24, 2007

"Other-Where" by WJ..

Me : Hey WJ, you said E is supposed to be at classroom X. I didn’t see her there. Where could E be?

WJ : I don’t know. If not classroom X, then it must be other-where then.

Me : Huh? Ooi! What do you mean by "other-where"?

Haha.. We burst out laughing..

This kind of funny-thing often comes out from
WJ’s mouth. And when I teased him, he often talks about how he had gotten B4 for his O-Level English, which is way better than mine. Okay lor, you win.

Anyway, speaking in English may not be his forte. He knows it. But now everyone is preparing for PW-OP (Project Work Oral Presentation). He may be stressed, but his attitude of learning always impressed me. He made an effort to memorize his entire 5 minute speech, and practicing it again and again, trying his best to improve his fluency each time.

Today, he even requested that I sit-in while he practised and to give him a pointer or two. Aiyo.. I know my limits. Who am I to give what pointer? By courtesy, I just obliged to listen to his presentation. His seriousness in acting all-so-cool during his speech can make me laugh. But I controlled and only smiled.

His effort.. yes, his effort.. I’m ever so impressed.

Anyway, his has a pair of small eyes but always sparkle with keenness to learn more and more in every single lesson. His has a big built that seems to be able to overpower many people if he wants to, yet he is still always pretty gentle in his ways.

- - - -

He and more other *little pals often set me thinking :
If my learning attitude were to be as good as them when I was of their age, I think I would not-be-just-me as now.
Anyway.. time never goes back.
I got to just pick up from here and move on.

- - - -



~ ~ Risk Taking ~ ~
I used to think I am timid and not wish to take risk especially when financial issues are concerned. But lately, I don’t know what got into me and erm.. got myself involved in some super high-risk investments, kind of investments friends are wary about and warned me against. Now I know it is also a kind of investment authorities are investigating. Mm.. My side is pretty safe by now (as I got back what I'd put in and more and supposedly to be keep on coming). My only concern now is for the other pal I naively “dragged” into it. He needs just 3 more months to break even. Of course, if things go on as planned, everything will look so good and rosy, but if.. erm.. *finger crossed*.

谢谢多位相当关心的朋友。
这次我算是脱了险,不过感觉还是那么的不踏实。
我只希望不会拖累或殃及他人。

No comments: