Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Taking a bath together..

Wow!
It was unplanned. It naturally came by...
And I think it was undeniably one of the best thing to do on such a hot afternoon.
I registered every facial expression.
Undoubtedly it was heavenly and blissful, telling me how enjoyable the whole experience was for each other.
It was indeed memorable.
.
.
.
.


Wait a minute.
Just what are you thinking?
No no no.. not that kind of intimacy you expect between me and whoever out there.

I was driving along a road on a hot afternoon. The traffic was pretty heavy and I was driving at snail’s pace. My eyes wandered around and I saw something interesting.

There was a small and shallow pool of water just along an old pavement beside the road. That pavement is old and uneven. The unevenness allows it to trap a pool of water due to the previous’ night downpour.

A few mynas were playing in that small pool of water together. Not just that, I saw a few more black pigeons amongst them too. Because the pool was really shallow and small, it cannot possibly house the entire company all at once.

You know what? They actually took turns. A few mynas walked towards the middle, supposedly the deepest part, flapped their wings, get soaked, stayed for a while, then walked towards the side of the pool. Next a few fatter and bigger pigeons walked towards it, generating much bigger splashes, enjoying the water bath. The mynas just looked on, waiting for their turns.

I would have stayed longer. I would have whipped out my camera to take a few shots.
Aiya.. Forget to bring my camera. Silly. I was driving! Even if I were to bring my camera along, I can’t do it. Haha.. I just got to move on.

Let me see if I can grab a comparable picture in the web.



Okay, this one comes near. You just got to imagine a few more mynas and a few more black pigeons near by, waiting eagerly for their turns.



It was funny and interesting to see how different species coming together and enjoy in harmony (more or less).

One more true story here.

It leaves me thinking (randomly)...
- Animals are certainly also complex beings looking forward to good fun and safe company.
- Can we (human beings) come together
to take a bath together and work in (more) harmony?
- The behaviours by these animals may also be teaching us a lesson or two.

- - - - - - - - - -



有一位圣者这么说:

聪明的人,争取时间。
懒惰的人,等待时间。
愚蠢的人,浪费时间。

No comments: