Sunday, October 28, 2007

Running for REAL..

I was there. Hehe..

I was there too early. The sky was still dark. The street-lamps were not in service yet. (Rather, the street-lamps are not in operation yet for that particular stretch of road. That place is not even on your map yet, you see.) As such we can only see the blinking marshalling bars held by the officials along the main road leading towards the car park, but we can’t really see the officials (who were wearing dark coloured t-shirt) very clearly.

In general, I think I enjoyed the experience.
Why?
Okay, let me think (but with my tiredness now, I think I can easily miss out quite a few.. )


- Spacious routes. No bottle neck. No jam. Fresh enough air.
- Got pals Wk, Ph, Yl, Fy that are of constant inspiration that I may (at subsequent attempts) go and try for longer distant. But.. erm..
- Got pal W as pacer to keep me going for the first good 7 km or more, especially the 1 km stretch of sand.
- Like the white-blue official t-shirt given.
- Pretty well-organised. Sufficient facilities and the crowd was well-managed at every stage.
- Free foot massage. Professionally done for at least 5 minutes. Long enough to feel the effects.
- Free flow of isotonic drinks (100-PLUS). Can ta-bao some more.
- Met quite a few ex-*little pals. Met a secondary school mate and a uni hall mate.

Of course nothing is perfect.
I think the last stretch of about 2 to 3 km was rather tormenting. The sun was out and the final stretch of route was so barren (runway of sort) and we were fully exposed to the elements.

Maybe the starting time can be brought forward a little bit?
Or
Maybe I should just train up myself to withstand the elements more? :P

Now.. erm..
I still feel tired. Natural, I guess.
But I think because of the (free) foot massage, I really don’t have that kind of usual/familiar aching feeling on my legs at all. That aunty must be really powerful. Just 5 minutes, she can do such magic! Wow..

- - - -

Since this is a pretty light entry, I think I can share with you two rather funny pictures.



This photo was taken when the Chinese president went to US.




This photo was taken when Bush went to China.


I shall leave the interpretation to you. :o)
I go and hit-the-sack now.

No comments: