Monday, November 26, 2007

Bonding..

I was about to wheel down a slope. I noticed a big fat man (not meant to be insulting, but I’m merely describing) riding a bicycle and he was riding towards my direction and he was about to engage the same slope. What I witnessed later made me smile, somehow.

Just before the man (riding the bicycle) engaged the slope, he shouted, “Let’s go!” That was how he caught my attention, anyway. I was wondering whether he was talking to me, but really a little out of context lor, what “let’s go!” ??!! I don’t know him leh.

He rode hard and fast. But not too long later, he was panting really heavily. With his mouth wide open huffing and puffing, it was .. mm.. quite a sight. But he was not near giving up, he just went on.

Since I was wheeling down and he was riding up, we got nearer and nearer. When we were quite near, I heard something. I heard a very young and tender voice. That voice can’t be his. Wa.. I glanced over and noticed that a boy was seated at the back of the bicycle. But because of the man’s big size, the boy was completed hidden from view at first. So the man was shouting "Let's go!" to that young fellow behind him. Never mind, this is not the interesting part. What warmed me a little was a short conversation of theirs when they were near me.

Young Boy : Daddy, let’s take a break.

Boy’s Daddy : It’s okay. We are reaching the top soon.

- - - - - -

It was a very simple encounter. Actually it was a very brief one too. It all happened well within 5 seconds, I supposed.

But, I think I can sense the bonding between them.
The son hoping the father can take a break and not to stress himself too much…
The father demonstrating to his son the going-all-out spirit for his son…

- - - - - -

I believe, naturally there are bonding between parents and children. However, the way I see it, the bonding may not come as naturally. I mean, sad to say, we often observe strong bonding between parent and young child, but as the child grows older, the bond is somehow weakened or even strained. Mm..

I am just thinking, the way they demonstrate their care and concern for each other (between a parent and a child) may be very varied. In other words, our parents love us, but the way they do so may not be the way we can appreciate it, sometimes. (Still, we must not forget their unconditional deliverance.) In the same way, we may say we love our parents, but are we sure the way we demonstrate so is the way they can accept? (I always think we should reflect on this more.)


在意见分歧的时候,
我们是否真的有智慧看穿这一切只是「做法」的不同,
但「心意」却是一致的?
我们是否会先软化自己,来圆融一切?

真正明理的人,总是要跨出第一步。
如果一味的要等到对方改变,自己才改变,那么… 咳。
我们自己认为结局会是如何?
不要说就是因为尝试了,我们才会那么失望。
尝试了而又没有效果,难道我们就没有怀疑是我们自己的方法有误吗?

说到来也离不开一个「缘」字。
「缘」好,那当然好。
「缘」若是不好,我们也要懂得「修缘」的功夫。
:o)

今天,话也多了些。。
好,停笔

bye bye…

No comments: