Monday, November 05, 2007

Looking @ Poverty ...

I have a series of photos worth looking at. Of course my view is just a personal one. Let's see if you agree.


Rock hard bun for Lunch. Anyone?



Keeping warm by carrying a simple "heater" during lesson.



A classroom without a roof.



Broken pot for cooking.



Bad sores due to coolness and no money to seek treatment.



"Walking the cow" after lesson.



Besides her mother's tomb.



A run-down kitchen.



A dinner too difficult to swallow.



When can they break free from poverty?



A little girl gathering woods in the cold.



Another girl gathering woods in the cold.


I don't know how you feel.
Mm..
Perhaps, there are certain questions we could ask ourselves

幸福的定义是什么?
什么是真正满足?
我们有真正感恩过我们所处的人、事、物、境吗?

Wa.. These questions may be too serious for some of you.
Relax a bit and see for yourself how beautiful these pictures were taken.
I don't know the photographer, but I think he/she captured the essense of poverty pretty well.


- - - - - - -

What had happened (or what is happening) may be far from what I desire.
However, if I were to look from another perspective, perhaps I had already gotten (or I am already experiencing) more than what I
can rightly expect.

一切的不如意好像都是源之于过分的「要求」或是「不满足」。
I should learn to be more contented.

No comments: