Friday, November 23, 2007

“Watchful” Week..

I know the week has yet to end, but I can already conclude this is a “watchful” week. I mean I’d already “watched” a little too much :

- Caught two movies in cinemas.
- Sat down and listened (and watched) 2-days’ worth of live presentations.
- Re-visited some movies/serial-episodes in avi/rmvb format.
- Catching an old Taiwan serial borrowed from a pal some time ago.
- Caught up with some animes.
- ++

I think I need a rest. I think my eyes need a rest too.


「眼睛」可看尽世间百态。
我们是看到世间百态的「表层」,
还是领悟到世间百态的「内幕」?

有时候,我也想好好儿看看我自己。
不是观察我的「外貌」,
而是反观我的「内心」。

我该学习的,
真的还有太多太多了…


- - - - - - -

Since I wrote a little about watching movies here, maybe I can also share a little joke about one of my silly experiences.

Quite some time back, a *little-pal (D) called me up and suggested to catch a movie together. Oh well, his suggestion fitted nicely into my schedule. I volunteered to get the tickets, for I have some legal means to get at a discounted rate.

It was last minute kind of planning and I decided to go earlier to buy the tickets rather than securing the tickets online.

When I was there, I asked for two tickets. The lady at a sales-counter showed me the screen to select my seats. There were so many crosses (suggesting that the seats were taken up). Or rather, there were crosses everywhere. I had problem looking for seats not marked with a cross. I was actually a little panic that I may not be able to get the tickets. Scanning through the screen quickly, I noticed a pair of seats together at a corner and they were coloured differently with no cross marked on them. I thought the different colour used was meant to indicate seats-not-taken-up. Without questioning, without clarification, without hesitation, I said I wanted the two seats. I was actually quite happy for being able to secure the two tickets. At least, our plan to catch the movie was not spoilt mah.

So
D appeared and we went in together.

When we approach the seats, I noticed something different. I asked…

Me : How come no divider in between the two seats one huh?

D : Ooi Mr Nanzi, this is couple seat leh.

Me : Err.. Just seat lah.

I got to admit, I was a little embarrassed. I was that su-arh-gu for not knowing got such thing as couple-seat. Mm..

Putting the label aside, seats are just seats. Haha...
I don't mind one lah. :P


- - - - - - - - - -



Would you have problem translating this?

No comments: