Sunday, November 11, 2007

Quite a sweet thing, they say..

When I walked near him (*little-pal C), I noticed something different. Not about his new hair-style, that being too obvious. But he seemed to want to tell me something.

I was right.

He stopped me and we had a very brief conversation that left me quite a sweet after-taste. Oh, by the way, I didn’t know that was called sweet, but when I shared the little account with some pals, coincidentally their immediate response was “that was so sweet”. Okay lor. Haha..

A little extract of our conversation went something like this :

- - - - -

C : Hi, Mr Nanzi, I wish to tell you something.

Me : Sure. Wassup?

C : I have photo-copied 2007 Promo Papers, with solutions, from various colleges. I have shared with my classmates too.

Me : That’s good.

C : I mean, mm.. I believe they will be trying the questions these days and they may ask you questions. Do you also want a copy? I can photo-copy for you too.

Me : Oh…

I paused a little unnaturally longer than usual. I was pretty impressed with this young man.

Me : Oh.. I already have a copy. Thanks!

C : Huh? Wa.. You mean you are faster than me in getting all the papers?

- - - - -

Haha..
I think he just demonstrated the spirit of sharing very well, not just with his peers but with his tutors too. Wow!

I know sharing is a good thing. But believe me, it may not be a natural thing. I remember a fellow colleague once shared a tale about one of her students that left her feeling quite disgusted.

The student downloaded a Graphing Calculator (GC) application that claims to be useful, but he didn't know exactly how to use it effectively. He approached her to clarify about that application and was amazed about the new findings and was over-the-moon that he can finally make things easier by using that application.

But he added : T'cher, can you please don't tell the class or any other students about this application. If not I don't have the advantage over the rest.

Haiz.. Why must he add that final line?!!

Never mind, let's only concentrate on the good things.

- - - - -

On the same day, I also have another kind soul sharing with me :
Are you still in … ?
There is a huge rainbow across the sky.. wonder if u can catch it..


I may have missed that actual rainbow, as I was driving in a direction almost facing the sun at that time.
But I can imagine it hanging majestically across the sky.
Maybe it was a good thing not to have seen it.
Because what I imagined was definitely bigger than the real thing. Hahaha..


- - - - - - - - - -



《小故事、大启示》

有两个妇女,每人都得到一粒庵婆罗果。

一个妇女,吃完了果子就把种子抛弃,而另外一个妇女,吃完了果子却把种子留下来。

那个留下种子的妇女,觉得庵婆罗果味道很鲜美,于是把种子播在肥沃的田里,按时浇水,细心呵护。终于,果树生长得很健壮,而且还结了许多鲜美的果实。


有一位圣者这么说:

富以能施为德,贫以能守为贵。
富贵在于积善,福寿在于善心。
见人之善如己善,必助成之;
见人之苦如己苦,必解脱之。

了解因果,则知去恶因果,速造善因果。

No comments: