Sunday, August 26, 2007

First Time – 12K..



This may not be the first time I joined an organized run (third time this year so far actually, and 2 more coming), but this is the first time I had covered 12 km. I don’t even remember covering that kind of distance during my army daze days. 12 km may be nothing to you, but to me.. it’s my first time lor.


Again, I must admit, if not for the encouragement (be it directly or indirectly) from pals (like Wk, Ph and W, etc.), I don’t think I would even think of attempting. If I would, then a shorter distance perhaps, but certainly not 12 km. Haha..

I still remember quite clearly, just now when I was only at the 6-km-mark, I really felt like giving up, especially after noting that I was only half way through nia. But the power of the crowd was indeed powerful..


前面的小妹妹都还在继续跑着 …
左右两旁的乐龄人士虽然喘着 …
但是看起来并没有要停下来哟 …
我还是像样点往前不断迈进吧 …


We were running on roads in town. Ya, those roads in CBD area usually jammed with vehicles. But today, the roads were much like ours.
如果有人问:这马路你老爸的啊?还不快点过。
我可能会答:好像是
leh.. 我就是要慢慢过。怎么样?

We were running on bridges. Ya, one of those actually has steepness that might even challenge the lower-powered vehicles. But today, we tramped it on foot.
若以车子走在高桥上,我们总是匆匆地过。或许会错过很多。
今以双脚步踏高桥上,两边美景尽收眼帘。真是美不胜收啊。


Along the routes, there were simple musical performances (streetside festivities) to pump up the spirit. Some really not bad leh , both the pieces and the performers. :P
身子是累的。
不过若有动感的乐声、又有动感的乐手助阵,
顿时又好像活跃了起来。哈哈 …


Along the 10km-to-11km stretched, I was jogging beside a group of OCS guys. They ran in group and were cheering along the way in neat tempo. Such simple-trick really made the jog easier somehow. Then, after 11km mark leh? Aiya.. Let them pass lah. Kidding, I needed a more comfortable pace to suit my body. :P

With fair weather, enjoyable jog, great company, what else can I ask for?
Simply feels good.
Thanks! :o)

- - - - - - - - - -



有一位圣者这么说:

成熟的果子是由「阳光」、「水分」、「沃土」、「肥料」和
栽培者以爱心、耐心、信心、观照完成。

你们是园丁,要不断的研究,不断的改良,不断的付出,
才能有圆满的丰收。

所谓「挥泪播种,必欢笑收割」即是。

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha i was there too!