Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Be My CT?

The Civics Tutor (CT) of class 2** will be going for maternity leave (real) soon. The class was just informed of their new CT. Their immediate reactions weren’t too happy, for they learnt who will be taking over the class as their new CT.

At the later part of the day when they met me along the corridor…
One said, “Later, can I like to talk to you?…

One said, “Why you abandon us?...
One said, “Can you please fight for us (to be our CT)?...
One said, “Why you not going to be our CT?...
One said, “Later, I go and see the principal…
One said, “The class is going to write a petition…
Etc..

Erm… I was not too ready for all those reactions. Most of the time, the class remains pretty passive and hardly that articulate. It’s quite obviously they don’t quite get used to their new CT. I don’t have much idea why they think I would be a more comfortable choice. Mm..

I tried to bring forward the idea how simple the roles of a CT are and whoever the new CT is going to be shouldn’t be of that important to them. Most of them expressively disagreed with my argument. One said, “CT must be someone that we can talk to and willing to listen.” Oh well, I wasn’t in the mood to debate about it and I don’t think I fits the bill that well either. I just have to politely tell them to take things naturally and concentrate more on their studies instead.

To be honest, I do feel a little flattered. But I am more worried about two issues :

(1) Firstly, I can feel that whoever is going to take over that class may face a little difficulty initially. I don’t think he can win their hearts that readily. But again, CT is not about winning of hearts. I just hope he does his roles well and finally the entire class can see the qualities in him.

(2) Secondly, I think the dear *little pals of the class should learn to adapt to changes better. It’s not as easy as we say, I know. But when things go not the way they want it, their immediately reactions were not tending towards rationalizing. I mean, the emotional aspects of theirs took over most of their “judgments”. But the big world out there is about changes, believe me.

Aiya..
I’m also not that good at adapting to changes. But I see the need to learn. I am learning, I hope.

Just imagine, if I have gone to the management and insisted that I want to be their new CT. I have my way and I am so sure these *little pals will have their wish fulfilled. However, I choose not to do that. I gave them my reasons too.

I can understand CT can be rather impactful to these *little pals. But being CT here is all about following last minute instructions (which most of the time I don’t quite believe in them either). I rather free myself from such messiness and focus on how I can assist these *little pals better. In other words, I may not be their CT, but I will be “free” enough to give a helping hand or listening ear to all of them. Call that kapo-ness if you wish. Heh..




他们的表情有一点无奈。似乎在等待。等待顺心事连连。
我的心理也有半丝感触。诚心在祈愿。祈愿美事现处处。

- - - - - - - - - -



有一位作者这么说:

有事没做

有些事没人做 ,有些人没事做。
没事的人盯着做事的人,议论做事的人做的事。
使做事的人做不成事、做不好事。
于是,老板夸奖没事的人,因为他看到事做不成。
于是,老板训诫做事的人,因为他做不成事。
一些没事的人总是没事做。
一些做事的人总有做不完的事。
一些没事的人滋事闹事,使做事的人不得不做更多的事。
结果,好事变坏事、小事变大事、简单的事变复杂的事。

『你若是不想做,会找到一个借口;你若是想做,会找到一个方法。』

No comments: