Saturday, July 15, 2006

Let’s Walk : I Clocked My Personal Best Timing

Very early in the morning, I made my way to the “Home of the Warriors”. (Ahem.. There is the phrase I saw inscribed across the grand stand of the stadium. So big some more!)

Yes, I was there just for a walk. Wait a minute… “just”?
Heh.. I think I took it too seriously. If not, I wouldn’t have clocked my personal best timing. I actually came in first, amongst the hundred (approximately) in my detail. Okay, there was actually another one just right in front of me, but he was obviously cheating (unintentionally, perhaps). He was jogging and not walking. He was politely being told at least twice by the test official that he shouldn’t be “walking” that way. Words didn’t help him. Finally, after jogging for almost two laps, an official was walking beside him during the test, to show him what’s jogging and what’s walking. So that gentleman is disqualified, although he was allowed to complete the walk.

So, I took 14 minutes and 20 seconds for the 2-km-walk. So slow right?
Haha.. Try it out yourself. Anyway, be it that good or that bad, it was my personal best timing.

I’m not celebrating.
Haiz.. Actually I broke another personal record and that is no good news for my heart is beating too high for any good. It measured 183 beats per minute immediately after the walk. Gosh! I must have pushed myself too hard. But.. I don’t really feel the strain at all. Mm..

I played around with the parameters.

If every other things (BMI, age, sex and timing) were to remain the same, what should be my desired heart beat rate…



Just because I was practically the
first to arrive, I realised all the delay tactics I talked about in the previous entry were so useless. Haha.. There were so many test officials waving at me at the end of the walk. They were trying to catch my attention so that they can measure my heart beat - the heart beat of the champion. :P Joking lah..

Anyway, I believe I shall be attempting again and I have one more strategy mapped out. I am seriously planning to upgrade to a Silver award next time round (soon, really). I just got to control my heart-beat..
mm..

Oh yeah, $50 richer now. :)


- - - - - - - - - - -



有一位圣者这么说:

圣人有四忧 --
满身疮痍,不能修弊,故身病;
满心杂尘,不能开明,故心病;
词章琐碎,不能贯一,故语病;
行止错乱,不能由礼,故行病。
此谓德之不修,圣人之忧也。

No comments: