Friday, July 21, 2006

A Little Too Off / A Little Too Tight

Just the other day, I was wearing a ( “dark blue business pants” - “navy blue short sleeve shirt” - “white track shoe” ) combination to work.

Accordingly to some of the *little pals, that was a fashion disaster.

Many said (rather politely), “Why are you wearing track shoe? … ”
They were not really interested in my reply actually. Before I tried to give a reply, they had already scanned me from head to toe a few times. Their expression suggested everything.

One said, “Mm.. Sir, don’t match lah!…”

One said, “Sir, can I give you an advice on colour combination?...


Etc.

Frankly speaking, their reactions were very “consistent”. I tried that kind of combination a few times, at least once per batch of *little pals and each time the reactions were ahem … just like that. I can only laugh…

Of course, I know how “off” I can be when fashion sense is concerned. But sometimes, I only think of the convenience. Yes, I’m lazy to change into track shoe at the later part of the day, when some sport activities are planned. What a compromise?!

- - - - - -

Just today, I was wearing a ( “dark blue business pants” - “fitting baby blue collar tee” - “no more track shoe” ) combination to work.

Erm.. I was anticipating some reactions, because I saw in the mirror that I looked quite different. Yes, I know the collar tee is a little too tight. Baby blue colour some more. Heh.

Most *little pals that I know of, boldly stared at the shirt or into my eyes strongly. Many (even those that I don't really know) were observed to throw a second glance over my direction.

One said, “Wa, why today wear until so fitting?...”

One said (looking at the brand logo), “Sir, real or fake one?...”
(I replied “fake”, forgetting that a microphone was already clipped near my collar. Argg.. )

One said, “You actually look quite thin… ”
(So I was fat to them??!!!)

One said, “I’ve learnt that wearing fitting shirt makes one looks thinner…”
(To that I said, “But some people wear fitting shirt reminds me of rice dumpling.”
There was a little pause and then came the reply, ”Hey, what you mean by this?” Haha.. )

Etc.

Simply said, I drew just too much unnecessary attention. I think I better go more plain so as not to distract them that much. Haha.. It wasn’t the attention I was after. In the case of the “white track shoe”, I was only into convenience. In the case of the “fitting baby blue collar tee”, I was only wearing what my brother wanna threw away. Heh.


~ ~ Being Observant ~ ~
Come to think about it, these *little pals are really observant. I take it that they are close enough to me, to just tell me how they actually feel about it. I appreciate it, anyway.

- - - - - - - - - -



有一位圣者这么说:

圣人闻善则拜,其德遐迩同馨;
贤人闻过则喜,其品日月同明;
士人闻理则遵,其行高卑同情;
众人闻道则疑,其心忐忑错乱;
小人闻贵则惊,矫揉作态,妒善讥恶。
此谓闻善不能从,圣人忧也。

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

别太在意别人的看法。你自己觉得舒服就ok了。。 ^^

Anonymous said...

哈哈。。
我不会太在意的。
我反而觉得他们相当可爱。:-)
As I was saying, the fact that they bothered to come forward to give a comment or to provide an advice would suggest they care in some sense.
Besides, the stares and the second glances were all friendly ones. :P

Anonymous said...

rain haha u should have come to see ... it is quite funny for mr sim to wear such tight fit tees... LOL

Anonymous said...

-Za|- :
Where got "funny"??!!
I protest!... argg...
- - - -
Haha..
Oh well, oh well...
I don't mind if I have in some ways contributed a little humour for the day. ;)

Anonymous said...

haha i tried on my little brother t-shirt... it is quite fitting too :P

Anonymous said...

erm.. erm...
do you feel like a ba4 zang3 ??
j/k :P

Anonymous said...

eh... feels not too bad... my mum says nice... i feel thin! hahahahaa

Anonymous said...

za|.. haha.. was trying to recall .. think mr sim often wear quite fitting de clothes right?haha..

Anonymous said...

OMG.
I dinno that you can go so sexy~
Anyone blow whistle at you that day anot??? LOL. Kidding.
=P
Yeah I remembered you wore the sport shoes combi once to the lecture hall quite a couple of years back and I remember of asking you "what kinda combination is that".. And a year or so later you did it again in my bro's lecture and he asked you the same question again, so it was a test???
Anyway, that only proof something, there is no ugly man, only got lazy man, so don't be lazy to bring another pair of shoes la! LOL.