Sunday, July 23, 2006

Floating On..

Just lying flat on my back on the sea… floating on…
The water quality in the sea around Singapore may not be that fantastic, but I was half-submerged in the sea, lying on my back, looking at the clear blue sky. Erm.. So, a solid water quality is not an issue here.

Yes, I was looking at the clear blue sky, but occasionally with my eyes closed… still floating on…

Did I sight a few birds flying across the sky? Erm… Doesn’t matter at all.

I can only say the effect was pretty therapeutic. No joke, I nearly fell asleep, if not of the occasional self-reminders that I should not be drifting too far from shore. I was hoping I can continue to just float on…

Just maintaining in an upright seating position on the surface of the sea... I was still floating on…

Was I drifting? Not really, as the direction I was very much in control.

The waves were so gentle, way too gentle. I can immediately saw a difference on the roughness on the sea surface when a slightly stronger gust of wind came along.

As if the surface experience of the sea wasn’t enough, I did go under it a few times. Heh… How nice.

I am not a swimmer. I was wearing a floating device, of course.
I wasn’t dreaming. I was seated neatly on a kayak, of course.

A rather tiring day, but a fulfilling one, for I think I know F,
K and T better.
F’s wide scope of knowledge inspired me.
K’s generosity impressed me.
T’s easy going nature struck me.


~ ~ Staying Afloat ~ ~
One fellow mate was relating her very own experience today. She said to her friend, “I thought I was drowning. I can feel that I was sinking. But you told me to just relax and I did just that. And it happened. I float.”

This sets me thinking...

Just staying afloat may somewhat carry a negative connotation, but it is certainly much better than being submerged. I experienced the bliss of just staying afloat.
If you are just being able to stay afloat, but people around you are experiencing some sort of drowning, will you still give a helping hand? Or must the poor drowning fellow wait till you stand on hard dry land?

No comments: