Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Learnt Habits.

Her spaghetti strip snapped at the wrong moment. Erm.. There is no such thing as right moment, I guess. She appeared a little lost as to what she could do. She was rather embarrassed certainly. I was there and offered her immediate “rescue”. She, being super expressive, blurted out so loudly, “Nanzi, I lxxx you.” Erps.. Shy leh.

Nay, I wasn’t that carried away.

Anyway, what I did was to simply pass her a safety pin to secure back the strip safely. Of course, the other ladies were attending to her, helping her to pin up. I wasn’t the one helping her in the pinning up lah.

When her strip was secured back safely, everyone was amazed why I can produce a safety pin in the nick of time? Haha.. As if I have predicted the snapping to occur tonight. Nay, it is a learnt habit, in fact.

I was once caught in a rather embarrassing situation where I needed a safety pin badly (details omitted here). From that day onwards, I tried to carry a safety pin with me every time. I know one day, I might need it. It turns out that I have “saved” many other people from embarrassing situations instead. :)

While I was talking about it. I learnt that R always has an extra set of clothing placed at her work place. Because… Once upon a time, while she was having a cup of milo, someone bumped into her and her cup of milo spilled right in front of her dress. She was drenched in warm milo, literally. Hence, she acquired that habit from that experience.

Many habits can be learnt. I hope they are the good ones we picked up.

Among all our habits, are we ready to give up the not-so-wholesome ones? :)

No comments: