Saturday, October 21, 2006

馒头变石头

没有错,一些小巧可爱又可口的馒头,到我手里竟然变成了石头。

I was only thinking of steaming some buns to fill my stomach. Got the steamer ready, switched on the gas stove, and I waited. Mm.. I can’t be just waiting like that. Time is preciously you know. And so I decided to multi-task. I left the kitchen to sort out some mails and to rearrange some notes/files and whatever. Got myself too absorbed in whatever I was doing and forgotten all about the buns.

Time passed. I smelt something strange. It could be something burning. In my head, I even suspected the haze. I continued to do my own things. The smell became stronger. Only then, I literally jumped up from my seat and dashed to the kitchen realizing I could be the culprit.

I checked. The water in the steamer dried completely. The steamer somewhat softened and sank slightly downwards nearer to the gas stove. In fact, the steamer got torn by the heat at the bottom too. Hence, I couldn’t confirm whether the water within was heated dry and simply drained away, unless I “experiment” it again. Haiz..

How about the buns? They all became pretty hard and got themselves stuck to the metal plate they were placed onto. I struck them all out. I had to use quite a bit of force. The bottom part of the buns was all charged dark brown to black. Tsk..

The buns were gone. The steamer destroyed. But those were relatively “small” things. I just realized I can be so hazardous. I certainly wouldn’t want the whole flat to burn down because of me.

I went out to get a replacement of the steamer. I thought of getting exactly the same one and to quietly replace it. No one will even know the difference and the mess I had created. I decided otherwise, I wanted to make it obvious. I got a slightly bigger one and a better one, for 2 reasons.

Firstly, it will be noticed and I will get a good shelling later. I hope that will cast a deeper impression and I will really learn this time. *Ahem.. A little shy to say, that was the second steamer I had destroyed this year. In the previous incident, I turned a sumptuous rice-dumpling into a stone too. Secondly, I replaced it with a bigger and better one just to atone my wrongness a little bit.

For the good of mankind, maybe I should be barred from the kitchen.
Don’t know how to cook?
Never mind, just
- get the right person(s) to cook for me.
- know where to find good food.
- remember to show appreciation to whatever food being served to you and to whoever that serves you.


馒头变石头,此等上乘功夫相信无人能及于我。Haiz..

- - - - - - - -



有一位作者这么说:

如果「爱」,是一件容易的事情,就不会有这么多迷惑的众生 。
因为「爱」,是每个人內心深处最温柔的渴望,所以珍贵脆弱 。
然而「爱」,要超越小小的自我並爱上敌人,需要智慧与方法 。

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

see... no girl how can? HOW CAN? hahahha

Anonymous said...

Wa..
You seem to be stressing the importance of mothers and sisters.
Filial son you are. Good.
Haha..