Thursday, October 19, 2006

Consultations…

This is the period when most of us will be “drowned” in consultations. I’m glad most (if not all) *little pals are now coming to us more prepared and noticeably the kind of questions they are asking slightly more “reassuring” that they are on the right track leading themselves somewhere.

在我眼里,认真的人都很美。

Certainly, they are stressed up quiet a bit. They know how much they need to cover before the examination and they know even better just how much time is left for them. I can only say they must look ahead now and be positive. Easily said than done, many claim.

沉醉在担心与彷徨,铁定没有进展;
保持着信心来努力,就有一线希望。

This is a stressful, but definitely not a “lonely” path. Just yesterday, two *little pals spent the entire afternoon (till late night) not studying. One was spilling out his sorrows and the other was providing a listening ear. In the examination perspective, a good day had been wasted; in a more holistic perspective, a soft-skill in life was learnt and demonstrated well.

There is just too much pent-up stress in that *little pal. Besides, he is also currently facing many family problems. I think it is not easy for anyone to imagine always going back to a home where parents always hurl vulgarities at each other and are constantly “fighting”? Mm… Tough time. Somehow, I feel that the other *little pal who was willing to lend such an attentive listening ear had done a pretty good job too.


世间上不同的人好像都有不同的『苦楚』。
有的时候,
只要有几句关心的话语,
或者只是一只聆听的耳朵便可得以安慰。
接着,便好像更有力量来面对所谓的『苦楚』。
这个时候,就好像学着了解何谓『苦中带甜』。

While going through the many “queries” with the *little pals, I must say I am learning too. I am learning
- when one wishes to learn, one can
- when one sees the need to be serious, one can
- when one is encouraged/motivated, one can progress very fast
- I need not be the best in explaining, for I need to go through certain concepts a few times
- I should be more patient than I think I am
- I can and I should make their learning more enjoyable
- etc. (the list can just go on... )

Hence it will constantly be a challenge for any tutor (for me, especially) to make any *little pal self-motivated enough to self propel themselves forward.

Oh, the following picture sums up well..



No comments: