Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Always His “Babies”..

I happened to be with WK. We met his father. His father was working at that moment as a waiter, yet upon seeing his son, he appeared so jovial and came over and chatted so light-heartedly with WK. There was much warmth in their casual exchanges. I exchanged greetings with his father too. Although it was the first time we met, he even teased WK to give me a treat. Ha..

What I’m describing seems to be such a normal thing between a father and son. However I still find it heart-warming knowing that WK is 39 year-old and his dad should be easily past 65 year-old.

Perhaps, in the father’s eyes, his sons and daughters are always his “babies”. Age is never an issue.

I then ask, in our own eyes, is our father always our dear daddy – the way we emotionally/physically/psychologically clinched on when we were really their babies? The thought of
老莱子 (in 戏彩娱亲) springs to my mind now. :)


~ Holding Hands ~
A father holding the hand of his baby may be thinking :
This is the time I can hold your hands. When you grow older, you may not want me to hold your hands anymore.

A father kissing his baby may also be thinking :
This is the time you allow me to kiss you and like my kisses, you may not let me kiss you when you grow older.


- - - - - - - - - - - -



有一位圣者这么说:

重新检视我对天之奉献,深层反思我待人之心念。
谦逊必须是真实态度,过于自损是一种惯性伪善。
真实是看清自我缺失,了解本身能力界限。
不必刻意褒贬自己,只须认知精进应是无间断。
礼仪非规范,德格贵在自然。
导心误差,莫只企图改变世界茫乱。

No comments: